fear

RedSirenn
on 5/17/08 7:49 am - Mesa, AZ
My surgery is scheduled for July 16th. I only really have one fear going into this surgery and that is not losing weight.  I know this is crazy but I can't help it. I'm so affraid that after spending a bunch of money and going through the pain of recovery that I want lose a pound. 
Sandra C.
on 5/17/08 7:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
I almost guarantee that you will lose weight. It would be almost impossible not to because your stomach is so small you can't eat much and sometimes you even have to force yourself to eat something because you aren't hungry. That's what I love about this type of surgery. Just a few bites of chewing really good and eating slowly and your hunger disappears. And especially at your age with a good metabolism, I am sure you will do excellent!! Just don't try to eat things you shouldn't, follow the diet to a tee. It is really easy to do because your hunger is gone!! I can't wait to hear what you have to say 6 months from now...you will be so happy and buying small clothes and you will get below that 170 lb mark. Keep us posted
L. TP
on 5/17/08 9:04 am
Are you self pay?! YOU WILL loose weight.  Keeping it off takes more effort and strength.  We are all afraid of failing.  You must trust in yourself and remember that you will get more confidence to do that!  I am also afraid of failing...its common.  The class you take on Tuesday will address this issue exactly.    Good therapy also does wonders.  Life will change and become something you cannot even imagine now.  Find a good healthy active hobby to help keep you going such as raquet ball or tennis.  Join a group that does that etc.... Remember, life changes and so will you.  Keep your mind positive and only tell yourself you will succeed!  A great audio book to get is The Secret or Joel Osteens Your Best Life Now.  They will also greatly help with this fear. Lyns
Most Active