Getting Ready for Plastics

shannonross
on 5/16/08 3:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Guys...  Just looking for a little support here. I had RNY in 04, lost over 100 pounds, have had 2 little ones (one in 06 and one in 07) and now I am going in for plastics one week from today.  I am having an extended TT with hernia repain and a BA.  One thing that I want to mention to you guys is the importance of taking your vitimins post op. I didn't take them like I should and now find that  I am extremely Anemic... Please make sure that you are getting them in, they  make you feel so much better in the long run.  I am finding that I am a lot more nervous heading into plastics than I was when I had my gastric surgery. I can't really put my finger on why.. except that I have 2 babies now and what happens if the unthinkable should happen. I certainly don't want to leave them. I know that I am normal for having the fears that I have and that I will do fine... just still very apprehensive none the less.  Wish me luck my fellow WLS patients!!! Hope that you all are doing well!!! The journey is AWESOME! Shannon
JRinAZ
on 5/16/08 4:04 am - Layton, UT

Miss Shannon!  ((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))!!   You are an inspiration sweetie pie!  Two babies.....maintained weight loss and now onward to a big happy Shannon reward!!! Anxiety is normal!  That's a BIG surgery day you've got ahead of you!  .....  Focus on those sweet babies and how proud they will always be to have a healthy, active, lovely mommy!  ......  I'll be sending happy thoughts your way!  I can't wait to see you afterwards! .....thinking of you! 

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

MShawn62
on 5/16/08 5:17 am - Avondale, AZ

Hi Shannon,

Just an uneducated guess here, but you're probably right about why you're more scared now than before.  I'm very excited for you and I wish you all the luck in the world.

MShawn

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wow7xaM/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wow7xaM/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Most Active