pre tests

RedSirenn
on 5/15/08 4:36 pm - Mesa, AZ
Did anyone have to get a right upper quadrant ultrasound? Where can i get this test done? Do you think an urgent care center can do this?
ginau
on 5/15/08 10:54 pm - mesa, AZ
All Dr B patients have this done, they are checking your gall bladder,  dont  do urgent care , Doc will give you a script and a list of places, check to make sure they are on your ins approved list. I had mine donw at  Phx medical imaging.  its very quick and painless !!
RedSirenn
on 5/16/08 3:04 am - Mesa, AZ
I was not given a list. Do you have to set an appointment with phx medical or can you walk in? 
RedSirenn
on 5/16/08 3:05 am - Mesa, AZ
L. TP
on 5/16/08 4:18 am
Let me see if I can help you get on track :) You should have been given a PRE OP PACKET.  It this pre op goodie bag/packet that they mail you SHOULD have a script sheet.  On this script sheet you will have all of your blood work, ekg, ultra sound, chest exrays etc that they want you to have done.  They will give you the dates that they want you to have this done by.  They usually want all of your tests done between 25 and 30 days before surgery.  For example, my surgery is June 3rd.  They wanted me to get all of my tests done between May 3rd and May 7th.  To get your tests done they really would like you to go to the hospital. This is so your results are easily obtainable and already in their system.  I strongly recommend you go to the hospital personally, it makes things WAY easier and all the lab techs know Dr. B and what she wants and how she wants things done.  When you go to the hospital go to the main enterence and valet park!  Its free (I recommend a tip) and WELL WORTH IT.  Valet is the only way to go, trust me.  Go in the main lobby and you will see the information desk right when you walk in.  They will tell you where to go for the labs.  Everywhere you need to go is all in one area for the most part and people are more than helpful and get you from point A to point B.  Then about 2 weeks after your labs you should have your appt with Dr. B.  In this appointment she will go over your labs with you which is another reason why it is nice to have it done at the hospital.  If you would like me to go with you, just email me.  I can totally meet you there and help! Lyns
dramqueen6
on 5/16/08 6:01 am - Glendale, AZ
Lyns do you know if you can go to the hospital to complete these during the weekend? 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
L. TP
on 5/16/08 3:30 pm, edited 5/16/08 3:32 pm
Hey Cindy...I was told yes.  The wait times may be longer though...???  Lyns
Most Active