Now What???????????????????????

Deweyscts
on 5/13/08 1:19 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi fellow Az Losers.....I'd like to become one of you....I've done all the preop test etc.  But the Doctor's office hasn't called me.  I don't know if they have turned it into ins. or not.  I'm with Dr. Fang as he takes Aetna and my PCP referred me to him.  I have called that office and can't talk to anyone.  Should I go down there??  It's a little bit of trip for me but for sure would do that if it helps me get a date.   Does anyone have experience with St Lukes Dr. Fang's Office?  Tell me what I need to do. Thanks for any help....
*Malena* M.
on 5/13/08 8:10 am - Phoenix, AZ

I had surgery with Dr. Fang a few years ago and so did my Mom.  Hers was 1 year after mine.  She had some issues with getting the office to respond to her, especially the scheduling department.  I will constantly call them, that is ridiculous!  Fortunately, I never did have any of those issues.  I was actually approved, thru Aetna, is less than a day.  It was amazing!  Dr. Fang is a very good surgeon and knows what he is doing.  His office is just full of some odd balls.

Good Luck

329 (pre-op) 167 (4-22-10) 150 (lowest and goal Summer 07) 
Wife to Russ and Mommy to Elizabeth "Libby"

Lilypie - (mr7x) 
Lilypie - (FJkW) 
Gena L.
on 5/13/08 12:57 pm - Sun City, AZ
I am a patient of that office also. You might try calling and asking for Jackie. She is doing the scheduling now I believe.  Just keep bugging them...that office seems to have issues. I thought things might be getting better. I had a terrible time with them but persevered and got my surgery and turned out I did not need approval. Dr Fang is a good surgeon, they just can not seem to realize that their office staff is dysfunctional ;-)  Dr Fang does surgery at St Lukes as well as Banner Good Samaritan where I had my RNY. I can tell you they have real issues getting paperwork to patients and also faxing items. If you have something very important to deliver to them I would do so in person and request that someone in the office sign and date something for you as proof that they did receive it.....the same if they are sending something to you...just bite the bullet and go get it. Ask them to have it ready for you at the desk. It is just easier in the long run....I and others suffered a good deal of stress getting the approval process done. Good luck! Gena

Deweyscts
on 5/14/08 2:31 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks Gena........I made another call yesterday and never talked to a real person.  The message stated we will call you back within 3 days.  Leaving another message will not help us call you sooner...... If I ran a business like that I would be out of business..... Oh well.  Just keep plugging along... Thanks for your response.....
Deweyscts
on 5/18/08 2:56 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Sunday...................Still no answer from the office................More than the 3 days stated on phone messaging system. 
Most Active