Open revision of Gastric BYpass to DS

ginau
on 5/11/08 9:42 am - mesa, AZ

Dawn  I did have an open procedure , Not bad either, I fell better then I did after my original lap rny procedure ! Doc removed lots of scar tissue and 2 hernia's !  Your only in the hospital for pain control - I am sure I could have stayed longer if I really wanted too .. But I getting more rest at home - no one is waking me up every other hr to take vitals ! My Ins was Aetna and only took about 10 days for approval -  Dr S office does great !  Just be open and honest with Dr Schlesinger and he will be the same with you!  Your in great hands with him.  he will get all the infor and submit to you ins comp - just be up  and get  you release forms  together to obtain medical records from your primary Dr .  Good Luck  - You will really like Dr Schlesinger .

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/08 3:55 pm - AZ
OMG, your in the hospital for 1day. Was your incision big ? When I had 4 hernia's  removed 4 years ago I was in ICU and in the hospital 8 days. I have a hx of Blood Clots and Plumonary Embolism's. My hernia's were killing me all weekend and I harley ate all day today. Just had a bowel of soup and some water. I have no desire to eat or drink. I am a huge water drinker. I drink   6 or 7 bottles of water and I have 2 glasses of milk a day. Maybe when they cleaned all your adhesions and hernia's up that made it alot better. I remember my hernia's and the doctor told me in ICU that I can died. I never had anyone say that to me. I was in alot of pain before and after surgery. PLus I am on a duragesic patch for pain that is 100 mcgs. I can handle alot of pain. I have go with my parents in the AM to Mayo Hospital to see my Dads new cancer doctor. He has just been diagnosed with Aggresive Diffuse Large cell B type Non Hodkin's lymphoma that does not mean a thing to us. We are going  see what   the prognosis for him is and what kind of chemo. In  beween all the I have to get a quick referral from my PCP which is no big deal, they just fill a paper out and fax to DR S. Than I will call Dr S for a appt if I can get in this week would be nice. Have a good night with the pain level. Talk to you tomarrow. Dawn B
ginau
on 5/12/08 2:59 am - mesa, AZ
Dawn  I have on prayer for your Dad that everything goes well .  I know its hard to care for someone  when your not feeling well.   One day ata time!  This has really been an easy  surgery - just little issue  now and then !  who knew , Today after another night of good sleep - I feel almost like myself again. - lets go shopping !!!!  Dr Schlesinger is awesome and will  help you through anything you need!   his motto is one size does not fit all !  he will tailor make your  surgery  and recovery  with whats best for you in mind.  I am very confident in him - liked him the minute I met him  3  yrs ago !!! hope all goes well today  for Dad and you!
(deactivated member)
on 5/12/08 4:32 am - AZ
I have a appt with DR S on Thurs at 1pm. I glad he got me in right away. Thanks for the nice prayer for my dad. The doctor said this morning that if my dad would have never seen the mass he would have been dead in 6 months or less because its fast growing. Starts Chemo this week. But I am still having my revision. Dawn
Michael B.
on 5/12/08 6:17 am - Gilbert, AZ

Hijack!

Glad to hear that you have gotten through your revision and you're doing well! Hope to see you again at a support group meeting in the near future!

Visit My Newly Launched Blog:

marla21
on 5/13/08 7:00 am
Hi There, I'm 8 years post op Gastric bypass RNY.  I've gained back almost 65 pounds.  Is there anyone out there 8 or more years post op?  How are you doing?  I'm looking to try the Stomaphyx but I don't think my insurance will pay?  Did anyone have this procedure done?  Please tell me about it and how you are doing with it. Thanks! Marla
Most Active