Pain!!

JUS4TRA
on 5/9/08 1:31 am
 while i was in the hospital i felt great was up walking all the time. I came home yesterday i have a fever and the pain omg! when you go home you get less than half the dose to take. I am able to drink all my water and eat some jello so it's not so bad!

westvalley
on 5/9/08 3:30 am - Glendale, AZ
Sorry to hear that your in pain. We are kind of in reverse I didn't have much pain but I couldn't get in my water or jello. I would just keep an eye on the fever but the pain is probably normal especially if it's on the left side. Hope you feel better. Congrats and welcome to the loser bench!
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Gena L.
on 5/9/08 12:43 pm - Sun City, AZ
I had more pain after coming home too. I think it is natural. You are probably doing more than you realize, especially if you have children at home.  Also no PCA pump or morphine at home.  I still have pain from time to time on the left side and that fades with time. If you are able to eat jello and get your water in you are doing good in my estimation....just give it more time and use the pain meds they sent you home with...that is why you have it...you need rest and the meds allow for that. Good luck and keep us posted? Gena

20candy07
on 5/9/08 1:21 pm - Tolleson, AZ
I was in pain too when I came home so I took my pain meds as recommended on the bottle.  Infact, I refilled my script every week for 3 or 4 weeks and I went to Urgent Care to get an extra bottle so I could sleep at night.   By the way....I felt good during the day and did too much around the house.  Paid for it in the evening when I settled for the evening.  Try and take it easy until you heal properly if you can.  Easier said than done.....I know...  Hope you feel better... Candy

Gena L.
on 5/9/08 1:55 pm - Sun City, AZ
Don't feel bad Candy...I am on my 3rd and final refill of the Lortab. Like you I tend to over do during the day and pay for it in the evenings. With the Lortab I sleep well, have much less pain and do not need a Tramadol  for pain or Lunesta for sleep.  Don't think I will get any more of it tho...oh well it worked well while it lasted. We ate out tonight and I came home hurting...not bad just very uncomfortable. I think we will be eating at home more. I don't know if I am over eating or what but just want to come home and lay down afterwards. You are right...eating out is not as much fun as it used to be. Gena.

20candy07
on 5/9/08 2:57 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Hey Gena, If you need a refill , your pharmacy can fax the request to Dr. J. Keep on top of it to ensure it' gets to him and explain your pain.  He will extend the script a week at a time.  Stay pain free......you have to heal without stress.   OOOOHHH you feel my pain for eating out?  It's so hard to pick food that will agree.  It's hard to watch someone with me eat a ribeye steak loaded,  Oh well!  Gena we will have to swap suggestions on what to order that won't make us feel uncomfortable. Candy

Most Active