So I've met Dr. Sprunger

beckipoohbear
on 5/7/08 12:41 pm - AZ
So I had my preop appointment today with Dr. Sprunger. As some of you may know he is the new surgeon w/ Scottsdale Bariatric and Dr. Blackstone. I have been really apprehensive about meeting him as up until a month ago I thought Dr. Blackstone was doing my surgery. I decided to stick with Dr. Sprunger to keep my earlier surgery date and I am happy that I did it. He is very nice, very patient and very thorough. He spent an hour with me and my sister and answered all of our questions in detail, with great patience and great empathy. He really seems to believe in what Dr. Blackstone is doing in her practice and is very glad to be out here joining her practice. He has been a surgeon for 19 years, doing general abdominal surgery for 17 years and has been doing bariatric surgery for the last 2 years. I feel very confident that he is more than capable of doing my surgery. I also felt relieved to know that Dr. Blackstone will be operating in the assistant position with Dr. Sprunger for my surgery as she is "supervising" him for this first month. Just wanted to let you all know that it went well, I think he will be a great addition to Scottsdale Bariatric, and I can't wait to join you all on the loser's bench in just a week and half!! Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

azreggie
on 5/7/08 2:20 pm, edited 5/7/08 2:20 pm - Tucson, AZ

Hey Rebecca,  I am soooooo happy for you!  We're dusting off a place for you on this here bench! A week and a half is going to just fly by.  Start sorting your clothes, you know, the largest to the smallest.(I know you have them in your closet) I just got to buy a size smaller shirt, well actually I bought two!  Yay! 

Reggie

dramqueen6
on 5/8/08 5:38 am - Glendale, AZ
Thats awesome Rebecca!  I knew he would be a very good doctor.. I dont think Blackstone would bring anyone on who wasnt one of the best so I am sure you are in good hands.. You are getting so close girl!  Im so excited for you!

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
westvalley
on 5/9/08 3:50 am - Glendale, AZ
Wow Rebecca that's great! I am glad you feel more comfortable with the surgeon. Things are going to go great. We have a place for you on the loser's bench!
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Most Active