Jeanna Report!!!

JRinAZ
on 5/7/08 12:23 pm - Layton, UT
Jeanna is doing great!   She checked into P.V. around 5:30.  Had high blood pressure to start with (shakey knee syndrome?) but it all balanced out after she got her happy I.V. going!  Surgery started at 7:30 and  went about 1 1/2 hrs.  She said Dr. Schlesinger found 2 hernias and some scar tissue to clean up while he had her open; so removed and repaired as well.  All is going well.  She's been up to walk 3 times already and said the worst thing she could think of so far was that the potty was too low.  I told her to ask for one of the high rise inserts (I had one when I was there).  She's got a nice binder on, a morphine pump, been sipping water and is doing great!  She said this surgery was the best one she's been through yet!  She's been preparing well with protein loading and walking!   Weigh 2 go Jeanna!!!!  Your healthy dreams will be coming true!!!   Keep sending those good thoughts and prayers in her behalf.   She'll probably do the next update herself!   Woooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!!    
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/7/08 11:26 pm - Tucson, AZ

Thanks for the update Joyce.  Great to hear that Gena is doing well.  She is finally on her way to losing again.

~Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Deanne K.
on 5/8/08 1:33 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Joyce, That's for giving us the update on Jenna.  I am so happy to hear that she is doing great.  I will definately keep her in my prayers as she recovers.  I am so happy for her.
ginau
on 5/9/08 10:40 pm - mesa, AZ
Hello ladies !! I am learning how to balance the lap top again! Pain is getting better , think my tailbone hurts more than the incission.  I vowed to make this the last surgery fro a while !!  I am keeping jello, water and popsicles down  along with a protein shake or two ! NOT even thinking about stepping on scale again anytime soon !   I know the day I came home I was up 9 lbs  from I.V. fluids ..   As for the Hospital - The nurses are very nice .. anything I asked for I pretty much got ! I did have to talk them into a cup of Tea ... BUt I got it !  Seems like the hospital is stepping  up to meet the needs of bariatric patients .  
Deanne K.
on 5/10/08 10:23 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Jenna, I am so glad to hear that you are home and recovering.   I am glad that you feel that hte hospital is good.   When You are feeling better shoot me a line, I would like to chat with you.  Got my test results back and the report said that I need to see a surgeon.  I have a call into my PCP to let him know that the GI Dr. has requsted that I see a surgeon.  Looks like I may be heading down the same road and want to get the skinny from you. Deanne
alligatorpgr
on 5/10/08 2:05 pm - PHOENIX, AZ

Hey girlie, glad all is going well with you!  I just heard from Rosa this week that you were going back in for surgery, so I'm glad everything turned out okay.  I just updated my profile with new pics, so take a look when you are feeling better.  Take care sweetie!!! Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

Most Active