Support Group

azreggie
on 5/7/08 3:54 am - Tucson, AZ
Last night I went to a support group in Tucson at St Joseph's Hospital.  I got to meet Keith(Azviper) and he looks just like his High School picture!  It's amazing, really.  I was very happy to be there. They had a plastic surgeon come in and give a presentation.  She looked like she was about 20 years old, and cute as a button.  I almost wanted to ask her if she had a note from her mother.  Plastics is something to think about, at a much later date. The facilitater asked for topics to be brought up in the future, I think I will continue going.  It's once a month on the first Tuesday of the month.  I need all the support I can get. 

Reggie

Sarah V.
on 5/7/08 5:16 am
When I first saw the doctor, I thought she was a medical assistant or something...just there to get the projector set up.  She was really good, though.  The last plastic surgeon I saw present for the group just showed about a million pictures and didn't really say anything. It was nice meeting you.  You and Keith are the first OH'ers I've met in person.  I'm sure we'll run into each other again.

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

azreggie
on 5/7/08 5:19 am - Tucson, AZ
Hey Sarah,  The pleasure was all mine!

Reggie

AzViper
on 5/8/08 1:48 am, edited 5/8/08 1:49 am - AZ

Hi Reggie, Well thanks for the compliments and it was a pleasure to have met you. Reggie has failed to mention I have gray in my hair, the hair is slightly thinning, and the hair style is not the same, plus I am 116 pounds heavier. It was very nice to have met someone from online message boards. I also met up with Sarah at this meeting from these forums.

I believe the Saturday meetings are attended by more people who have had surgery or are entertaining the idea of having surgery. I have been to three meetings and all have been of interest and those attending have not been the same. This last meeting I did not recognize anyone from the other meeting so there are many who attends these meeting. It does not matter if your RNY or LB the meetings are for all.

Most Active