Surgaversary today

SKennedy13
on 5/2/08 11:29 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with

Wow!!! It is almost hard to believe that today marks the one year point of my surgery. In the last year I have learned that my body does not require as much as I though it did to survive. WLS surgery has taught me how to eat and live. Excess weight didn't just weigh me down, it held me back.

Before I felt so weighted down I didn't want to go anywhere because it just took to much energy. Now I am never home (my poor dog). It has taught me to work out more and be active. I have learned that I am the one that determines the future of my health therefore I am the only one that can stop my self from eating that donut. I have also learned not to reward my  achievements with food... but rather use other motivators/rewards.  

I did not reach my goal to be at 170 but my 1year date, I am 6.4 pounds over, but I know when I reach it... it will be sweet, and I can not wait to set new goals for weight loss in my second year.

I know I do not post a whole lot but I do read most of the postings and many of them have been motivating and others supportive and some informative. Thanks everyone
Sandra C.
on 5/3/08 10:30 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats..a day late, but hey, better late than never! You are such a beautiful girl. I was looking at your birthday photos! You do have good eyebrows! Glad to hear you are almost at goal, but most importantly,  you are learning how to eat properly. I am glad I had my surgery this time of year, so hopefully, by the holidays, I will be able to control myself. That sounds negative. I am going to control myself now and forever. That sounds better. we are lucky to have had this surgery, aren't we? Are you having fun buying cute clothes? I hope so...You go girl!!
SKennedy13
on 5/4/08 12:28 am - Queen Creek, AZ
Lap Band on 05/02/07 with
Thank you, you are too sweet. I am having lots of fun shopping too
Most Active