catheters?

dramqueen6
on 5/2/08 2:29 pm - Glendale, AZ
Alright Lyns.. Note to self.. We need to buy robes with pockets on the inside..LOL 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
L. TP
on 5/2/08 2:44 pm
ROFL...I hear that Cindy!   There ain't anything glamourous about this whatsoever...I just feel it ha ha.  You girls crack me up. God help us Cindy...God help us. Lyns
AzViper
on 5/3/08 2:28 pm - AZ

Well I know I can't be much help with this girl issue, but I do have a funny story to share with you all. Years ago I had a growth inside my bladder that was bleeding. I went for a test and the test was for me to drink this liquid that would show up under X-ray and highlight the problem area while passing the liquid while X-rays are being taken. The technician said the average person hold about 1-1/4 bottle of this liquid. Laying on my back this gal comes in that look like she should be playing football and says, “I need to insert a catheter” I said, “ok” as she proceeded to thread this small clear tube about 24 inches into my bladder. Next she installs the bottle and within minutes I had drained the bottle into my bladder. Next she installs bottle number two and it begins. This time the flow is much slower but nearing the end of the bottle I look at her and say, “I am full”. Then technician begins to pullout the catheter and when she reaches the end I could not control my bladder and shot the liquid to the ceiling. Let me say it looked like a fire hose unattended spraying all over the ceiling. Here I am lying on the table and this crap is dripping down on me. The technician grabs my private part and squeezes to stop the flow. Next she looks at me and say, “put a clamp on it until I am ready to take pictures”. To say the least this was embarrassing for me as well as the technician.

Deanne K.
on 5/3/08 2:25 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hfey all, Just remember you are all there up there on that floor in the same boat so to speak.  You will all be walking the halls together.  You really won't care what others think at that point, they will just be getting you up to walk, walk, walk.
L. TP
on 5/3/08 5:31 pm
Oh my goodness Keith...OH MY GOODNESS.  Ha haha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahaha.  Now that is funny!  I thought about everyone being the same boat.  It makes me feel a little better but I am more worried about me Ha Ha Ha.  I am not a big fan of people up in my you know whats and guests coming in and being greeted by my pee bag.  HA HA.  No, seriously... I have a little anxiety about the uncomfortable feelings associated with this.  Its funny and scary. Me.
westvalley
on 5/4/08 7:18 am - Glendale, AZ
I got mine taken out the same night of surgery. They make you take a deep breathe or at least that's how they did me because I was nervous, but it just feels really uncomfortable but over before you know it. When I had my GB removed it was taken out before I knew it was even there.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/08 6:35 pm - pumpkin , AZ
okay if they make you get up and walk right after surgery then why the heck can't you just walk to the toilet?
L. TP
on 5/6/08 6:46 pm, edited 5/6/08 6:50 pm
Amen!  I am so with you on this.  I meet with Dr. Blackstone on tuesday.  This is my main topic of discussion ha ha ha.  Hey, you gotta have your priorities right!  Email me to remind me and I will tell ya what the conclusion was.  I think its...they win, we loose...no pun intended HA HA. Maybe we should name our pee bags ha ha.  Mine will be PEEter.  ha ha. Me.
(deactivated member)
on 5/6/08 7:07 pm - pumpkin , AZ
tell them your beliefs dont allow for a pee bag..lol when i had the pre-op testing i was talking to the nurse and he said i need to get a pap along with some other pre-op test. I told him i could not get a pap because it is against my personal and religous bliefs (this is the truth too). they said that this is normal and that they respect religous beliefs. so im guessing this might work with the pee bag too. I mean a patient can refuse i would think.  
RedSirenn
on 5/13/08 3:07 pm - Mesa, AZ
So what's the 411 on the catheter. What did Dr. Blackstone say
Most Active