Suggestions for Dietician/Nutritionist

Kalinansa
on 5/1/08 4:51 pm
I am starting my journey for weight loss surgery and wanted to know if anybody could recommend a dietician/nutritionist. I know that Scottsdale Bariatric has one on staff but it is very expensive. Are they all around the same price? I have to do a six month (?) diet before being considered and would like to get started. Also has anybody been apporved by Cigna with a 39.5 BMI? Thanks in advance.
ginau
on 5/2/08 7:37 am - mesa, AZ
check  with your Dr , Mine has one that works out his office , i just make the co-pay to  the office and no big deal -  all you need is a monthly weigh in at your dr office and to show what  food plan your  following - let them monitor your results --  You want to loose a pound of two - but not too much more than that.   WINK WINK !
Kalinansa
on 5/2/08 9:55 am
Thanks, but I think Cigna requires it to be a registered dietician. I have to check....
Deanne K.
on 5/3/08 2:16 pm - Tucson, AZ
Cigna has registered dieticians.  If SBC cannot refer you, your PCP can.  My PCP saw me every month and we documented weight, food plan, exercise plan, behavior modification at each monthly appointment.  Make sure your appointments are not more than 4 weeks apart and don't skip any months or they will make you start over.  Have everything documented really well.  I had Cigna at the time of my surgery and it was approved.  Don't hesitate to get a lawyer to get it approved.
Kalinansa
on 5/6/08 5:51 pm
Thank you.
Most Active