Hello I'm new here

tradertaz
on 4/27/08 5:10 pm
Hello to all. I have been lurking on the board.  I am having the lapband surgery this Friday, May 2nd with Dr. Blackstone.  My surgery had to be postponed two weeks.  I'm both excited and a bit nervous.  Can't wait to start this new phase of my life, but unsure of both the surgery, and all the changes to come.  I'm not quite comfortable with the educational part of this.  I have stocked the kitchen with the clear fluids, cleaned out the pantry, but really don't know "how" to eat after I'm on solid food. So glad to be here,
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/27/08 11:42 pm - Tucson, AZ
Welcome.  I am not a lapband post-op, but there are others on this board.  I would assume that your doctor or NUT will give you instructions/suggestions as to what you will eat once you are on solids.  You will do great.  If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here.  We are all full of answers.....LOL
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

tradertaz
on 4/28/08 2:00 am
Ok, being new, you are going to help decipher NUT?  Nutritionist? Thanks for the welcome, I'm feeling better about the surgery this a.m.  I'm going to send out an email to the nutritionist as there is a big gap between my surgery and my post op education class.  I know I'm supposed to have clear liquids for 4 days, but need to know what to do after that.  I'm sure I'm not supposed to jump to solids right away. Thanks
L. TP
on 4/28/08 1:42 am
Welcome!   I have Blackstone as well.  I was in the pre op class on the 23rd, were you?   Best of luck.  We will all be here for you!  Visit us often! Lyns
tradertaz
on 4/28/08 2:02 am
Thanks Lyns!  No I was in an earlier class as my surgery was supposed to be on the 18th and got rescheduled.  I have a feeling I will be here quite a bit,
iveseenital
on 4/28/08 3:03 am - AZ
Hello. Welcome to the Board. I was afraid of the Same thing. There is alot to remember, they give you a book, with alot of info in it. That was helpfull. Take it one day at a time. The nutritionist are very good at Scottsdale Bariatric, and you will know what you need to know. I just had my Surgery 4/3/08. I wish you all the best.

tradertaz
on 4/29/08 2:14 am
Thanks so much, I'm feeling much better about things. I have a call into the nutritionists and hopefully they will get back to me. Did you lose 33 lbs since April 3rd?  WOW.
quiltz
on 4/28/08 4:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
The NUTs that work with Dr. B are always available to answer your questions.  You will get their voice mail when you call, but they will get back to you ASAP.  Believe me, they want you to feel totally ready and informed.  Best of luck.
kjen
on 4/29/08 4:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi, Lynn.  I am pretty new here myself.  Just had my lapband done on the 17th.  I did liquids for a week.  I would guess that most places would be about the same, so I'll tell what I needed to do thereafter. 2-3 weeks out, start with cream soups (don't eat any of the meat, etc) and Cream of Wheat. S/F popicles.  There were other items.  I am allowed 3 meals a day, 1/4 cup each.  Two protein drinks between meals round out the day.  You slowly progress during this time to mashed potatoes, grits, oatmeal.........again, 1/4 cup.  (You do get full!) I have not gone further than this stage, so am not too familiar with solid foods, but have a bit to go. Good Luck on Friday!!
Most Active