weight loss stalled

iveseenital
on 4/24/08 2:52 pm - AZ
Dawn,      20 pounds in 1 month is awsome. My dr's group says drink, drink, drink 64 ounces to 100 ounces per day. And walking... Dont get Discouraged, take it 1 day at a time, and Dont weigh so frequently.  ( Easy to say Hard to do).  One day at a time, and remember how long it took you to put the weight on, Give it time to come off.  Wishing all the best!

L. TP
on 4/24/08 4:56 pm
I am looking in the main forum and someone who is 3 weeks post op posted that they have stalled.  Loads of people have weighed in (no pun intended ha ha) and said its normal.  So, perhaps it is.   You decide I do know that you are doing awesome and you are going to be one hot tamale very soon!  I am so excited but nervous about post op! 
motorhomemama
on 4/25/08 1:26 am - Okotoks, Canada
Hi, my name is Eydie and I am also looking into having gastric bypass with Dr. Blackstone.  I live in Canda but come to Arizona for the winter so I will not have it until Oct. I will be really interested to see how you do.  Good luck.
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
dawnmaher
on 4/25/08 1:43 am - Surprise, AZ
Hi Eydie, welcome to our little corner of the world.  lots of friends and support here for you.  keep in touch!  huggs, Dawn
Lady Lithia
on 4/25/08 4:51 am
Dawn, check out my profile blog, I have an "explanation" of sorts about stalling (NOT scientific) that you might find humorous, if not helpful!  I lost 25 lbs the first 2 1/2 weeks (I was really retaining water right before surgery, and pee'd 5 lbs away the first night of surgery).... I then regained two of those pounds and stayed there for two solid weeks. I've now lost those two pounds and one extra pound, bringing me to 26 lbs lost in 5 1/2 weeks.  It'll come, you'll get there, it'll just take some time as your body adjusts!  *huggles*

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

soon2bnewme
on 4/25/08 8:52 am - Chandler, AZ
I don't know if this would help you but I'm almost 2 years out from lapband and I had a 6 month stall which I couldn't figure out why.  I bought the bodybugg on Monday and I've already saw what I was doing wrong.  I wish now I would of bought it a long time ago.  It's the same thing that the biggest losers have and it's an amazing tool.  It helps you see your calories in and your calories burned and what a difference when you can make that deficit show and then the  scale will move.  However, I agree with the others that it's probably normal so soon after surgery and I wouldn't worry.  Your doing great. Renee'

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

dawnmaher
on 4/25/08 11:24 am - Surprise, AZ
never heard of the bodybugg.  what and where is it?  thanks renee`,  huggs, dawn
soon2bnewme
on 4/25/08 1:57 pm - Chandler, AZ
It's an arm strap that can sense your steps and calories etc....  People on the biggest loser wear it.  Also 24 hour fitness sells them I guess they own the company for it.  I bought mine at fitness works gym where I belong.  They matched the price of the other gym at $225.00  Worth every penny if you ask me.  You can go to www.bodybugg.com  or www.myapex.com  to get more information.   Today i didn't exercise as much because I did a yoga class instead of a high intensity class so it was great because it gave me exactly my deficit so I knew how much I could eat for dinner without going over and then not losing.  I LUV that my scale is moving and rapidly this week.  I couldn't lose a pound for crap for almost 6 months.  I hopped around between the same 8 pounds for what seems like forever and now I'm below at my lowest since surgery.  Tomorrow if I'm lucky I'll be in the 180's and that's freakin amazing because I'll of lost 5 pounds in the last 6 days if I go at this rate.  I'll keep you posted.   Check into it I wish I would of gotten it a long time ago.. Renee ps.  If  your at all a competitive person then this is a great one to challenge yourself.

"Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you, never excuse yourself." Henry Ward Beecher  
314/282/156.4/135 (Heaviest/Pre-Op/Current/GOAL) 
Total lost since Banded on August 14th, 2006 "-125.6" pounds  
Total lost since 8/05 "-157.6" pounds

Most Active