SHC Pre Op

Gena L.
on 4/23/08 9:19 pm - Sun City, AZ
Congrats Lyn...what a scare this was though. Sometimes I used to think they would throw a monkey wrench at us just to wake us up to how much we really did want this surgery!  Oh yeah, would love the recipe if you ladies will share? Gena

Sandra C.
on 4/24/08 2:12 am - Phoenix, AZ
Glad to hear things are going your way Lyns and the stress has "eased on down the road!" When I went to my pre-op at Good Sam the seved a luch of water, a bag of pretzels and a ham and cheese wrap in a spinach tortilla.  We didn't have a shrink talk, whhich I think would have been helpful, because face it, not eating and seeing food all the time has to do something to our pchyche's. Maybe next class I go to I'll mention this to them, or better yet, I'm going to call them!! Have a wonderful day!!
Panda1
on 4/24/08 8:47 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hang in there!! You'll have your surgery done in no time at all. I went to see Dr. Blackstone too for a band. Janice  Surgery 2/28/08
westvalley
on 4/24/08 9:01 am - Glendale, AZ
I really enjoyed the pre-op class. The broccoli salad was amazing. But when I asked if we could have it following surgery I was disappointed when she said not for six months :-( Man I couldn't wait to try it but I will definitely be looking forward to it when I am 6 months :-D. My class was super small, it was only 3 of us and 2 of us brought weight loss buddies. I am so excited for everyone and their upcoming surgeries.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
beckipoohbear
on 4/24/08 10:33 am - AZ
Here is the fabulous broccoli salad recipe! (Hopefully it's not some hospital trade secret or anything). Broccoli Salad 1/2 pound broccoli 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese 1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup red onions, coarsely chopped Dressing: 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise 1 Tbl. Lemon and Lime Juice 2 tsp. Splenda Directions: 1. Toss broccoli, cheese, raisins, and onions together in a large bowl. 2. Prepare dressing: whip together mayonnaise, Splenda and juice. 3. Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix well. Refrigerate salad until well chilled, approximately one hour. 4. Transfer salad to serving bowl. Garnish and serve. There it is simple, easy and tasty. I remember the first speaker told us that even if it looked like something we wouldn't eat to try it and boy was I glad I followed her advice. Yummy!
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

L. TP
on 4/26/08 6:56 am
I am so making this, this weekend!  Thanks a mil~!
beckipoohbear
on 4/26/08 10:16 am - AZ
I know we have to eat it now, since we can't have it again until WAY after surgery!!
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Most Active