SHC Pre Op

L. TP
on 4/23/08 1:31 pm
Well, things are going SO much better now.  The first time with SHC didn't go well at all and of course I got denied.  I have come to realize that they were going through major growing pains and I may have just fell victim to that.  Either way, I am so glad that things have unraveled as they did. So I did the pre op class today (second time).  It was even better than the first.  The insurance got straitened out and I really feel very confident in everyone now.  I feel just loads better.  Now, I feel more ready than ever.  Oh and Rebecca, I loooooooooooooooooooved that brocolli treat they gave us.  WOW.  Actually, I loved the whole lunch to be honest.  I kept thinking...hey, this is great, I can do this!  Hugs everyone for dealing with me all stressed out.  I have renewed faith and feel so much better now. Lyns
beckipoohbear
on 4/23/08 1:46 pm - AZ
We all loved that brocolli thing so much, they gave us the recipe at the end of class. Woohoo! And I HATE brocolli and it was so good. Glad everything feels so much smoother, it makes getting ready for this whole thing much easier. Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/23/08 11:54 pm - Tucson, AZ

Soooooo, Rebecca, when are you going to post the brocolli recipe.  We are all dying to try it!!!!!

Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

beckipoohbear
on 4/24/08 1:44 am - AZ
I left it in the car! I'll get it at lunch and post it up this afternoon. Rebecca

dramqueen6
on 4/23/08 2:33 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hey girls.. Tell me about the PRE OP class.. What should I expect? 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
TaiyaD
on 4/23/08 2:36 pm - Chandler, AZ

I am so happy that things have worked out for you. I was concerned about your situation and hoping it would turn out for the best. You are now one step closer! :)

Nat

Enjoying my new life!

L. TP
on 4/23/08 2:45 pm, edited 4/23/08 2:47 pm
Hey Cindy, I have done the class twice now.   Its a long day, probably an hour to long.  Bring a jacket. The room tends to be cold!  Basically there are 5 speakers.  The class is small (between 10-12 people) and everything is on a slide projection and in a notebook they provide.  There will be Dr. Blackstone's nurse, another admitting nurse, physh dr, nutritionalist and excersize person.  They all talk to the class individually.  They cover preparing for surgery diet and mind, during surgery body and mind and after body, mind and diet.  The psych talks about obviously your mental changes and how to relax.  The NUT feeds you a pretty yummy lunch and talks about it.  The excersize girl talks about your excersize before and shortly after and over the next year.  Its a very very easy to understand class.  You fill out some paperwork and just sit back and listen.  My only complaint is that I think the class is probably an hour longer than necessary (at least).  Its from 7:45am to 2:45pm but we got out at 2:15.  My advice VALET park.  It says park in the garage but it was not a pleasant experience for me.  Valet is right at the front and totally free! It was an awesome class!  Everyone was amazing and the patients in there all have surgeries within 5 weeks.  Nice people, great staff. Lyns
dramqueen6
on 4/24/08 4:11 am - Glendale, AZ
Hey that sounds kinda fun.. LOL When do you have your pre-op class?  Closer to your surgery date or right after they schedule you?

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
beckipoohbear
on 4/24/08 4:51 am - AZ
The class is a month or so before your sugery.  My class was April 9th and my surgery is May 19th.

L. TP
on 4/23/08 2:47 pm
Oh and Rebecca, if you still have that reciepe I would LOVE to have it!  YUM-O
Most Active