Back in the hospital again!

aboymom
on 4/24/08 11:26 pm
You can get a pretty nice selection of sugar free Torini's at Business Costco.  The regular Costcos don't carry them but the one on like 35th Ave and Grand does.  (Check that address, I am horrible with remembering where things are!!)
Gena L.
on 4/25/08 5:34 am - Sun City, AZ
Thank you! I just ordered some but will go there the next time.  Gena

kjen
on 4/29/08 5:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
Wow. Sorry to hear you got so ill.  However, really glad I read your post.  I have not been drinking nearly enough and I think I drank 24 ounces just while reading the posts!  I am definitely going to be drinking more.  Funny thing is that I drank a lot more pre-surgery than I do now.  Guess I am still feeling very full most of the time right now and drinking makes me bloat.  However, better to bloat away that ride the gurney!! Happy you are doing better. Karen
Gena L.
on 4/29/08 6:34 am - Sun City, AZ
I am thank you...and I posted this so we would realize just how easy it is to dehydrate...especially now that temps are creeping up. One afternoon out shopping in the AZ  heat could do this to you if you have not been taking in enough liquids! Gena 

Laura H.
on 4/29/08 9:46 am - Tucson, AZ
I had heard drinking water was important. We live in a desert, of course. But after reading all these posts I gather it's more important for us WL people than most other people. I had no idea. What makes it difficult to get the amount we drank BEFORE surgery?  I thought it would just wash though. I drink close to 2 liters now. Am I correct in hearing that's not going to happen post-op? - Lanah
Gena L.
on 4/29/08 12:24 pm - Sun City, AZ
You have not yet had surgery, am I right?  This SHOULD be stressed vigorously in your pre-op teaching. When you have your new pouch it will be tiny. The size of a small egg and in the beginning it will be swollen from surgery and very very tender. You will only to be able to drink in small sips. Take a gulp of water or any liquid like you do now and it will HURT! So to compensate for the reduced size you need to sip, sip, sip as they say. I am told this does not last forever but for months this is what you will have to do and ALWAYS have some sort of liquid with you in a bottle. Not cola and nothing caffininated tho you will here different stories on this subject. I just know I did not come this far to mess it up now, drinking something I should not.  I stick to water, decaff tea, Crystal Lite and SF slupee's.  You need at least 64oz daily and ideal in a desert setting is one gallon daily. Check with your surgeon's office about the availability of pre-op and post-op classes...this is important! Gena

Laura H.
on 5/2/08 8:01 am - Tucson, AZ
You are correct. My surgery is June 25.  I haven't had my pre-op orientation yet.  I was just surprised to hear tha****er is so difficult to take in.  I guess I have a lot to learn. I'm to know you're doing better.  Learning to eat slowly and drink slowly in the fast paced life is quite a challange. Thank you for the advice. - Lanah
20candy07
on 5/2/08 12:43 pm - Tolleson, AZ
Wow, Gena, glad to hear you're ok.  I think I'm going to buy one of those shaved ice machines.....I love ice. 

Gena L.
on 5/2/08 2:13 pm - Sun City, AZ
Have found out that I do too!  I really enjoy my slurpee maker Every night at bed time I make up a big glass of the shaved ice and water and it is usually nearly gone by morning.  I enjoy it as much without the SF syrups as I do with them. Matter of fact I need one now as I am about a full glass  behind this evening...will take it to bed and have bites and sips while I read for a while. Someone said you can buy the Torani SF syrups at a store on the corner of Bell and 67th Ave. Need to look that up as I think I would like a vanilla and a lemon flavor to add to my collection. Gena

20candy07
on 5/2/08 3:02 pm - Tolleson, AZ
I'm going to have to look into the syrups.  I like cherry.  The water and ice place never has sugarfree syrup for their shaved ice.  I go through bags of ice every week because I have to have everything I drink cold.  My icemaker cannot keep up with my ice addiction...hehehe.  I also drink a whole lot iced tea with splenda or sweet n low..... Candy

Most Active