Amazing Incisions

Lady Lithia
on 4/18/08 2:22 pm
It's my one-month surgiversary today I'm down 25 lbs since surgery, 82 lbs since I began this journey. Also down 4 ring sizes, 1 shoe size, and unknown pants sizes.... since I refuse to buy temporary clothing while my current pants don't actually fall off my body.  My incisions have healed miraculously fast. A miracle since the first two weeks of my recuperation I was covered in head to knee hives! (I had them in my throat, on my scalp, everywhere).  Here's a picture of my abdomen tonight.... I'm a little red around my belly button because I only just took my pants off before taking this photograph. But I think that the healing on my incisions is phenomenal:  Anyway, thought I would share!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

L. TP
on 4/18/08 2:46 pm
Very cool.  Lets hope this is me as well!  Do you put anything on the scaring such as cortizone or neosporin to help with healing?
Lady Lithia
on 4/18/08 2:57 pm
In the first two weeks after surgery I put every anti-itch cream under the sun on my belly, and five or six different types of lotions, hoping to find something that would ease the itching. I also spent nearly 12 solid days with ice on my belly, soothing the itchiness. I had such an extreme allergic reaction, I was terrified I would rip my incisions open... I'll post a picture of what i looked like 5 days after surgery.... you'll see the amazing transformation.

Lady Lithia
on 4/18/08 3:00 pm
Here's me, 5 days after surgery.... and this picture is before it got bad. 24 hours after this photograph was taken I had hives front and back, up to my scalp, face, neck, ears, down to my knees.... even my genitals were covered in hives... and my throat was closing up.... it was a BAD allergic reaction.  luckily it was NOT typical! 

terriefaye
on 4/19/08 7:16 pm - mesa, AZ
oh my gosh you poor thing. that had to be painful. I am so glad you are better. good luck. Terrie
Nicole W.
on 4/20/08 6:05 am - Cave Creek, AZ

Lucky you!  For me I still have some darkness on my incisions, but they also went thru 3 of them again for my gallbladder removal back in August,  the one between my breasts you can barely see, its same color as the rest of my skin. You have good "genes" when it comes to skin repair. 

I used Mederma daily also, didn't really help thou.

Congrats on your weight loss... that is awesome!

~Nicole

TinkerBell

westvalley
on 4/20/08 8:00 am - Glendale, AZ
Wow! that looks great Lithia. I am glad they are healing after that irritation. I can't wait to get in the pool for some water aerobics :-D. 25lbs since surgery YAY!!!! That's my goal but I doubt I reach it. Keep up the good work.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Lady Lithia
on 4/20/08 2:22 pm
My weight loss goal is to average 10 lbs per month for 14 months. If I do that, I'm happy. With my pre-op losses I truly did not expect to exceed 15 lbs lost the first month, so I was pleasantly surprised with my results. I went from a BMI o**** to 45.5 in one month! Crazy! Especially when you realie I started the whole WL process when I had a BMI of 60.  I've always been blessed with exceptional skin. This was discovered when I was a 10-month old baby and had all my skin burned off my face and arms. Docs were convinced that I would be horribly disfigured for life. Without any sort of plastic surgery, I have a perfect complexion and no scars at all. Even now, older, I still have this miraculous healing ability. I burned a swath on my arm that was three inches long and one inch across, down to the underlying tissue. A year later, I have trouble remembering which arm the burn was on, as there is no scar to help me remember. My hope, perhaps  in vain, is that my skin will rebound naturally from the obesity and I might not even need plastic surgery (other than my breasts).  One can hope, yes? :)  I'm very glad that the itchiness has subsided! that was a nightmare that was (now that it's over) short in duration, but so intense! 

westvalley
on 4/21/08 5:44 am - Glendale, AZ
Lithia that's amazing! And yes one can hope :-D. Girl with that type of skin plastics may may not even be an issue for you.  I think 10lbs a month is a great number and you have very well exceeded that so far. You go girl!
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Sandra C.
on 4/20/08 11:17 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Lithia, congrats on one month!! That certainly seemed to zoom by fast. I'm glad all your hives are gone. I can't imagine all that itching and discomfort along with the surgery discomfort. Your picture looks like you had surgery a year ago! What is the name of that beautiful cat in the picture? 
Most Active