Scottsdale Bariatric booked until August?

ginau
on 4/19/08 2:58 am - mesa, AZ
As wonderful as Scottsdale Bariatric is .... there are other Dr's available in the valley  .. you might want to call around and see what wait times are ? 
terriefaye
on 4/19/08 7:29 pm - mesa, AZ
hi I was approved inI was approved in July 2007 and surgery january 2008. it was worth the wait .
Nicole W.
on 4/20/08 5:47 am - Cave Creek, AZ
As a Blackstone patient, the wait is the worth it.  The program, the support groups, the classes, the knowledge and most importantly, the surgeon makes it worth the wait.  There is a reason she has a long wait... the demand for her is extremely high, and I have heard that some insurance companies only approve her.  She is one of the best Bariatric surgeons in the US. A friend of mine, had a 6 month wait, but was bumped up to 4 months.   But, if you cannot wait that long... I would suggest looking into another surgeon also. ~Nicole

TinkerBell

dramqueen6
on 4/20/08 7:15 am - Glendale, AZ
Yeah I agree its worth the wait.. I am just wondering about going with the new doctor in the office.. I am only considering it because I know Blackstone wouldnt take someone else on unless he was extremely good.. hmmm  I dont know.. I guess I shall wait til I get the word from that I have been approved.. I will then talk to Joanne to see whats available.. Keep your fingers crossed for me.. I am hoping to have an answer by the end of this week.. x x x x

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
Nicole W.
on 4/20/08 2:38 pm - Cave Creek, AZ

maybe make an appointment with the new guy and see if you like him...  I would go with him if you want sooner, I am sure he is just as good as Dr. Blackstone. Good Luck in your decision. ~Nicole

TinkerBell

quiltz
on 4/20/08 5:57 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I was approved in October and scheduled for March.  Got a call in January and was moved out until July.  Scheduled for a Wednesday and after taking the bowel prep, got a call I was moved out until Thursday and had to take another bowel prep.  I wasn't a particularly happy camper with the delays and huge wait, but I have had excellent care from SBC and now am glad I waited.  Of course I could have switched doctors and probably would have still been happy.  Best of luck to you.
RedSirenn
on 5/17/08 10:42 am - Mesa, AZ

I’m not sure but I think they schedule you by how much weight they want you to lose pre-op. The nutritionist and nurse I had seen for the pre-op testing said I needed to loss 8 pounds before the pre-op appointment with the doctor. Well when I talked to Joann about surgery dates she said that it would not be until Aug/Nov but when she asked me how much I weighed and what I was told to loss she then said it will be sooner. She said if I went with the new doctor I could have surgery on June 10th and if I wanted Blackstone she could schedule me for July 15th. I choice July 15th. It kinda makes sense because if they wanted you to loss say 40lbs before surgery it will probable take more than 2 months to loss it.

Most Active