? for Joyce....

Gena L.
on 4/15/08 2:40 pm - Sun City, AZ
Joyce, how could I get in touch with Darcie Edelkraut?  I would like to purchase one of her cook books if possible...thank you for posting about her. Gena

JRinAZ
on 4/15/08 2:52 pm - Layton, UT
You can find her at www.DrSimpson.com or e-mail her at [email protected] Another really really good cookbook that I recently bought was "From Monica's Kitchen to Your, "Make it a Lifestyle".  www.MGConsulting.com Monica used to be a chef.....then worked for O.H......now owns her own company and is an incredible inspiration!  I have about 2 dozen recipes marked with posty stickies in this cookbook that I'm all set to try in the next few days! First up:  Turkey pepperoni stuffed mushrooms!  Yummmeeeee! Next:  Halibut with Avocado Salsa!  .....Healthy can taste sooooo good!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/15/08 10:38 pm - Tucson, AZ
I have both of these books.  I bought Darcie's book at the OH Conference in October.  I think this book is great for a new post-op.  Monica's book has some great recipes in it as well.  I have tried the Banana Bread already.  She has lots of recipes for smoothies that would be great for a new post-op too.  Like Joyce, I have a lot of them marked with a post it to try sometime.  I have several cookbooks for WLS patients, but I seem to always go back to Eggface's recipes. 
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Gena L.
on 4/16/08 1:57 pm - Sun City, AZ
Eggface has some great ones...wish they were in book form. I have held off buying a weight loss book as I fiure the recipes must be very similar to hubby's cardiac diet. Would still like to get Darcie's  tho.  I am going to buy Giada Dilorintis ....know I butchered that name. Hubby adores anything Italian and she has good recipes. I will leave the pasta to him and eat the toppings/sauces  Gena

dawnmaher
on 4/16/08 2:26 pm - Surprise, AZ
Gena,  been reading alot on here about using spagetti squash in place of pasta.  Sounds really good and seems pretty popular.  Im gonna try it just as soon as i can!  Dawn
Most Active