I Started My Protein Drinks Early

AzViper
on 4/14/08 11:21 am, edited 4/14/08 3:44 pm - AZ

I started my protein drinks last Friday, could not wait until Tuesday to begin. Let me say it’s been a little rough with the headaches but I am managing it ok. I went to Cosco and bought one of those really nice scales that read up to 400 pounds. It’s a Weigh****cher brand. When I got home I striped down to my underwear and T shirt to get a good reading. The scales registered me at 372 pounds on Thursday of last week. Been weighing myself every day and the pounds have been coming off daily. Been walking a lot and today was a very busy day at work where I was up and down stairs all days. I could not believe when I step on the scales this afternoon when I go home. Yes I know most of this weight loss is water weight but my face is getting thinner and my pants will fall off of my A--. When I was use to consuming about 4000 calories per day and I have cut the intake down to 1000 calories things are beginning to happen. So how much did I weigh? Well as I said I could not believe it so I had to weigh myself 3 times and each time the scale recorded the same amount, 359.5 pounds and I have two weeks before my surgery date.

The Chike Protein drinks are the best I have ever tasted. I went to my doctor’s office on Friday to make payment on my surgery and was given 10 samples of this protein drink. Much better than the GNC vanilla, skim milk, Splenda, and strawberries drinks I was having, but the Chike is very expensive to purchase.

Been grilling chicken in my Ronco grille I have never used. It's the one with the big gears on each side that we have all seen the commercials on TV. My Mother-In-Law gave it to us years ago. The dang thing works GREAT!!! Keeps the chicken moist in the inside once the outside has seared.

L. TP
on 4/14/08 2:33 pm
WOW.  Great!  How do I go about finding those protein drinks?  Keep in mind, your tastes TOTALLY change after surgery.  Very proud of you!  Those darn shake and bakes are awesome on chicken too.  They have shake and bake marinades too. Have fun. We are all very proud of you!  Its almost your time! Lyns
azreggie
on 4/14/08 3:04 pm - Tucson, AZ
Congrats Keith!  It won't be too long now.

Reggie

AzViper
on 4/14/08 3:44 pm - AZ
In regards to the Chike Protein Drinks. Here is an email I received from Chike.

To get free samples is to have your Doctor’s office to request free samples. We can ship to the Doctor’s office at no cost to the Doctor or the patient. You can pick your samples up from the Doctor’s office without paying the shipping costs.

All sample requests are processed by phone. Call 877-974-2537 to get your samples on their way to you today!!

Megs515
on 4/14/08 4:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats on the loss thus far. Just think, if you keep up the good habits post-op, they will just MELT off of you!! Lyns is right...your tastes do change after the surgery. Mine have only a little but my sister's changed drastically. Foods she couldn't stand before surgery are her favorites now. If you  need anything just let us know. Keep up the good work!! So happy for you!! Megan

Gena L.
on 4/15/08 6:19 am - Sun City, AZ
Way to go Keith!  We have a Ronco and I love it. Saw one hardly used sell for $6.00 at a yard sale last Sat. What a bargin.  Another wonderful little appliance I have is the George Foreman Roaster!  The food cooked in this thing remains so very moist.  I can cook up to about a 4 1/2 pound chicken in it completely. One of the big complaints I see is that people can no long eat chicken as it is too dry post-op. I have not yet used mine post-op but do not think dry chicken will be a problem cooked in mine.  Mine is about 5 years old and I have almost worn it out. Hope I will will have no problem replacing it when the time comes.  Not much longer for you to wait Keith! I will be so happy for you, can not wait!  I am 13 days post RNY now and feeling good. Stitches itch but that will soon resolve it's self. You are going to do great with your lap band! Gena

Sandra C.
on 4/15/08 7:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats on getting a good head start on losing. They told me every little bit makes the surgery easier. Also, thanks for the heads up on Chike. Are they dairy protein drinks? If not I am going to give them a call for some samples. My Costco membership just expired so I may have to renew it. I have a lot of problems with dairy and have been loooking protein drinks that are more on the clear side. The drink they gave me in the hospital was like liquid yogurt and I tried a sip, but quit because I was afraid of throwing up. Praying for you that your surgery goes off without a hitch!!  
AzViper
on 4/15/08 9:27 pm - AZ
Hi Sandra, They are powered protein drinks that can be mixed with water or skim milk. I have only tried them with milk but I can't belived they taste so good. So far I have tried, Chocolate, Strawberry, Bannana, and Orange. Vanilla is the last remaining to try but I am going to add fresh strawberries. My doctors office told me not to use a blender with them. Chike has found that over blending causes the protein to lose its value. So I will need to blend the strawberries and then add the berries to the powder protein and skim milk. Thanks for the kind works and hope all goes well with you in the days and months ahead.   Keith
Sandra C.
on 4/16/08 1:58 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Keith..you said the magic word,,,water. That means it may work for me. They sound very good and I really don't want any complications by having a protein deficiency. I'm goign to copy the number down and call them now!  
Most Active