I am still in shock!

Gena L.
on 4/10/08 11:04 am - Sun City, AZ
Today I saw my PCP. I am 7 days post-op today. I am off 6 of my meds. I was told it would be several weeks yet before I came off the insulin.  Today the doctor took me off the insulin. Now instead of 40 units AM and 40 units PM plus 2 glyb/metformin in the AM and 2 more in the PM.....I am on one tiny little metformin tablet.  I thought truthfully I would die on insulin.  I can not begin to tell you, unless you have been there, what this felt like. My doctor was having a day from hell. When I left the office they all had a smile on their face for me. Thank you God for leading me down this path.  Gena

dawnmaher
on 4/10/08 11:41 am - Surprise, AZ
WOW, that is fantastic!!  I know how concerned you had been with this and the quick results could not have turned out better!  I am soooooooo happy for you Gena.  You deserve this AND it is just the beginning!   Congrats to you my friend.   Huggs,  Dawn
Gena L.
on 4/11/08 2:22 am - Sun City, AZ
Thank you Dawn!  Yes I was more than pleased to say the least. Yesterday was a difficult day for me pain wise and emotionallly. Today has started out much better but DH is leery after yesterday so he has me practically on bed rest. He thinks I am much to independent  and will end up back in the hospital...silly man.  Today I start my small walks.  One day at a time ;-) Gena

iveseenital
on 4/10/08 12:08 pm - AZ
 That is awsome!!!  WOW!!!!!!!
L. TP
on 4/10/08 3:32 pm
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaa!  God love you, you are to cute! Why do you take the metformin? I take it for my insulin resistance and PCOS.  Will you (and eventually me) be able to ween ourselves off of that? It makes me very sick, does it you? CONGRATS TO YOU!
Gena L.
on 4/11/08 3:12 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi Lyns! The metformin is for the diabetes/insulin resistance.  I did not know they gave it for PCOS, but then I do not know much about PCOS as that is one health problem I did not have. My husband also takes metformin and it seems to have no adverse effect on him. Hopefully I will not either, after sticking myself so many times daily it seems a blessing to me to be able to give that up and take 1 pill am and pm ;-)  The only problem now that I think of it is that metformin can cause diarrhea and once in a while we have that to deal with but only rarely.

Laura H.
on 4/11/08 1:02 am - Tucson, AZ
Gena, That's exciting.  It's must be free-ing.  And it's only the beginning of the great things are yet to come.  Congradulations! Lanah
westvalley
on 4/11/08 2:45 am - Glendale, AZ
Yay! That's great Gena.
dramqueen6
on 4/11/08 5:07 am - Glendale, AZ
That is so wonderful!~!  I am so happy for you!

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
LeAnne G.
on 4/13/08 5:52 am - Goodyear, AZ
Gena, I'm so glad to hear that things are going well!  You were missed at group on Saturday as you are in all of our thoughts.  Hope you can make it to the next one :) Hugs, LeAnne

Most Active