Protein Drinks Are Just Around The Corner

AzViper
on 4/10/08 1:36 pm, edited 4/11/08 8:35 am - AZ

This coming Tuesday will mark two weeks before my surgery and the beginning of the protein drinks. The good news is I get to have 1200 to 1400 calories per day. Although this is not much its more than I thought I was going to get. Two protein drinks per day with a light meal at night and lots of water.

I have also bought the grape flavor New Whey Liquid Protein to have after surgery to introduce protein into my system. These have 42 grams of protein in 3.5 ounces of liquid.

With cashier checks in hand I will visit the doctor’s office in the morning to pay for this surgery. Although I have not had to wait long to get this surgery I have waited my entire adult life to begin a new life of health and the chance to me a happier slimmer me. The idea of purchasing new cloths that do not have the 4X label on shirt collar is going to be great. Walking and working without knee pain is something I am excited about. Sleeping throughout the night and arriving to work not tired I will welcome, while dropping meds will increase my back account each month.

Two weeks will seem like eternity but the future will mark a new beginning, one I hope to enjoy with family and friends.

Deanne K.
on 4/10/08 2:07 pm - Tucson, AZ

You will do great.  It will come faster than you think.

ginau
on 4/10/08 2:15 pm - mesa, AZ
Warning! Warning Will Robinson !  your not going to like them after surgery ! dont buy too much ,, andd look for  good ratio's  like  80 - 110 calories per drink with  20-30 grams of protein,   your body will not absorb more than 30 grams of protein  at a time - unless your super athlete ....  Yoru taste is going to change big time after surgery ..   You might want to check out  evopro  from themaker of Muscle milk ( too much fat in Muscle milk)  or Matrix, nectars, new champion .  You could do 4 shakes aday  and a meal !  the idea is not to go into starvation  yet !! Your body will think that later on
Gena L.
on 4/10/08 2:42 pm - Sun City, AZ
Great for you Keith!  I know 2 weeks seems like an eternity but use the time to clean out closets and organize clothing to get optimum wear before whatever it is,  is way to big to wear. They tell me that comes fast!   I did lots around the house to clean and neaten, but there were a few things I forgot....like putting the dog and cat food up high so I did not have to bend so low to fill the bowls, and having the dirty clothes basket sitting higher so I could do smaller loads for the first 2 weeks. I had RNY though and I am a worry wart   It is coming Keith...It is coming ;-)

L. TP
on 4/10/08 3:35 pm
Awesome Keith!  I cannot WAIT to see your progress.  I love seeing your posts on here.  Its nice having a guy around having the surgery!  We will all be watching over you, you will do awesome. Lyns
AzViper
on 4/11/08 12:30 am, edited 4/11/08 8:31 am - AZ

The protein drinks I purchase are just for mid-day and when I will not be able to sit down at any length of time to have lunch due to work.

Gena L.
on 4/11/08 7:45 am - Sun City, AZ
I am sure you will be fine with them....if not, oh well you can add water to them to dilute them perhaps.  I had heard so much about the great taste change post surgery and I was very pleased that I have not found it to be that way for myself.  I water my shakes down with a bit more milk and the first few days home I had a bit of trouble but now I seem to be back where I was taste wise prior to surgery. If you find them unpalatable then perhaps you can trade or swap with a support group member post surgery? Gena

dawnmaher
on 4/11/08 8:10 am - Surprise, AZ
Gena, did i see somewhere that you are using Unjury?  I have not yet found a protein drink i can stand so I ordered some Unjury.  I have never tried it and am hoping hoping hoping i like it.   Dawm
AzViper
on 4/11/08 8:25 am, edited 4/11/08 11:26 am - AZ

Well today was the first time I received some information regarding pre and post. I hand delivered my payment for the surgery and Lori and I spent about 1 hour talking. I did not have a appointment so I suspect the office was not busy. 

I did receive a new protein drink from Lori called, "Chike" I received, Strawberry, Banana, Vanilla, Orange , and Chocolate. In checking online at thier website this stuff is very expensive, but its reported to taste really good. I was told by Lori to ONLY shake this mix and not use a blender.

So here is what I have to work with... I have the remaining canistor of Bariatrx Essentials in Chocolate, Chike in the flavors above, GNC 100% Whey Protien (New Bag) given to me at the last support meeting, and New Whey Liquid Protein.

ginau
on 4/11/08 11:16 am - mesa, AZ
dont  be afraid to goto the chike website and request some samples - they sent me 6 samples . 1/2 servings , was a great way to taste the product .   Also  if you go to a support group- you might ask  if anyone has any  they dont likethat you can try ...  $ 30 --  50.00  per container is a lot to throw away ...   I dint like the chike too much sugar and fat in the product ,  I also only mix with water .. I dont need the extra calories - But as a guy you can and will use em ,,  Your going to drop weight so much... and much  faster than a woman !!  make sure to take lots of photo's
Most Active