How Long were you off work?

dramqueen6
on 4/10/08 5:26 am - Glendale, AZ
What's the norm on how long you were off of work after the surgery?  I have short term disability so I can have from 4-6 weeks.. How long did you guys take off? 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/10/08 6:36 am - Tucson, AZ

I took off two weeks and then I worked half days for the third week.  I have a desk job.

~Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

L. TP
on 4/10/08 6:39 am
Depends on your age, job and surgery type. For our age and many others, the above comment seems to be what I find is likely for us.  Some do take 4-6 weeks but again, I think for you the above is likely.  Totally depends on your job though!  If you have a job that requires you to be on your feet the entire time or lifting etc it is likely 3 weeks min. Lyns
Lady Lithia
on 4/10/08 3:56 pm
I went back to work 2 weeks after surgery. I'm a high school teacher. I wouldn't have been able to do it if I'd had to actually project my voice six hours. I recorded my first week's lessons and the second week (this week) I gave a test Monday, standardized testing Tuesday and Wednesday, and my first full-fledged day of teaching was today. Well I taught in four out of six classes. Result: utter exhaustion. Relief? Three day weekend to recuperate before I go back to teaching six hour-long classes every single day.  Shoulda taken three weeks, but hard for me to mentally be out of my classroom.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active