Easing off of pain meds?

Gena L.
on 4/8/08 12:32 pm - Sun City, AZ
I came home on Saturday with the usual bottle  (yucky stuff) of Lortab for pain. Instructions are 10-15 mls every 4-6 hours as needed for pain.  I have taken it as needed without skimping when necessary, or skipping doses when I can.  I am getting  low and authorization is needed for a refill. When did most of you begin giving it up?  Should I call for a refill? Am I still going to need it sometimes next week? Hard to know in advance. Gena

azreggie
on 4/8/08 12:38 pm - Tucson, AZ
I was looking at that bottle today and thinking the same thing.  It is NOT going to last two weeks, or even close!

Reggie

Gena L.
on 4/8/08 12:47 pm - Sun City, AZ
Wow that was fast Reggie!  No it is not, especially as our post-op instructions say NO driving for 3-6 weeks while still on pain meds.....  I have other meds I can use if necessary, the Ultram I take for Fibromyalgia....but I don't believe in taking a cannon to hunt a squirrel with either.... I see my PCP on Thursday to check my BS so I will ask him then.

dawnmaher
on 4/8/08 3:12 pm - Surprise, AZ

How are you feeling Reggie!  you had a rough time for a while.  I hope things are much better now.  Glad your home.  Dawn

azreggie
on 4/9/08 7:59 am, edited 4/9/08 8:00 am - Tucson, AZ
I'm doing better today, thanks for asking.  I haven't taken any pain meds today, and I agree with the weird dreams. yikes! I may just reserve the right to use it to sleep.  I haven't been sleeping very well. Dawn, I can't wait til day ten. You're my poster child. You too Julie. Thanks

Reggie

dawnmaher
on 4/9/08 8:59 am - Surprise, AZ
aww your a sweetie, i think you are doing awesome girl! enjoy the fun dreams lol  Dawn
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/9/08 11:15 am - Tucson, AZ

Reggie

I did exactly that......took the medicine at night so that I would get a good nights sleep.  I still have some left in the bottle after a year and a half later.   You are all doing so great.  I am proud of all of you. Clappy 

~Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

westvalley
on 4/8/08 1:26 pm - Glendale, AZ
I actually haven't used my Lortab since about 3 days after surgery so it just depends on your pain level. I only have been taking doese because it helps me sleep at night not because I am in pain (I know bad) but the bottle is gone and I have one refill, probably won't refill it though. I would say if it's not super expensive and you think you may need it go ahead and get it but it really just depends on how you feel.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Gena L.
on 4/8/08 1:46 pm - Sun City, AZ
At $1.42 cents it is priced right.  Gee I am impressed with your level of pain tolerance!  And there is nothing wrong in using it to help you sleep. You need a good nights sleep after surgery. It helps you heal faster and better. I am glad you are doing so well Julie! Gena

L. TP
on 4/8/08 2:55 pm
I am just so glad that you all are home and doing well!  I would say if you still feel pain you get the refill as a precaution.  :)  Just my little two cents.
Most Active