No word on Sandra? How about Lithia?

Gena L.
on 4/8/08 10:41 am - Sun City, AZ
No word on Sandra yet? Does she have an angel? How about Lithia?  Goodness I can not imagine going back to work feeling like this! OH Lithia...I have the itchies.....but they are not bright red like yours...thank goodness! Gena

L. TP
on 4/8/08 2:57 pm
Uh oh.  Am I crazy to think that after a week I can go to work?  I just need to show up, not actually work.  I own the company and just need to be "seen" on site.  Please someone let me know how the girls are doing if you hear. Lynsey
dawnmaher
on 4/8/08 3:07 pm - Surprise, AZ
I to am anxious to hear about Sandra.  I feel awful that i never asked her if she had an angel.  I assumed that she did!  I went to the shop for a couple hours yesterday, did a few things at my desk but mostly socialized with everyone there.  I am not going to push myself even when i do go back each day.  Short days.  Work at home some too.  Don't do too much Lyns!
Gena L.
on 4/8/08 7:39 pm - Sun City, AZ
I wholeheartedly agree. Take it easy for a couple of weeks if you can. Make a few appearances then go home.  Celebrate your new life   if you can!  I am much better today just terribly sore from having had the gas so long. All my plumbing works properly but I am in no hurry to clean house and besides Dawn gave me extra time off huh Dawn           Gena

dawnmaher
on 4/9/08 4:05 am - Surprise, AZ
Yes Gena, I have granted you at least a month to 6 weeks!  No problem!  Glad you are feeling better.  I cannot believe how great I am feeling now.  10 days post op seemed to be the biggest turning point for me in how I felt.  My morning fasting sugars were 89 today!  woo hoo!  loving this! Dawn
azreggie
on 4/9/08 7:51 am - Tucson, AZ
Mine were 95 

Reggie

dawnmaher
on 4/9/08 8:58 am - Surprise, AZ
wow reggie, thats great!  isn't it encouraging!  Huggs, Dawn
Gena L.
on 4/9/08 11:36 am - Sun City, AZ
Lithia did post most often on the RNY surgery page but I see nothing for the last few days. Gena

Lady Lithia
on 4/9/08 7:47 pm
Thanks for caring Gena! :) It's much appreciated.  I started back to work exactly 14 days after surgery (last week Tuesday). I have to say I was VERY glad I prepared my spoken lesson presentation for the week I returned, that way I did not have to do any actual work other than be there. The first day was the hardest, my sides ached. The second day was the longest, we had parent-teacher conferences so I had to be at work from 9 am to 7 pm. THAT was exhausting. Then it got easier. This week has been even easier, with regular classes Monday, no classes on Tuesday, just the Math AIMS test, Wednesday were half classes and the Science AIMS test, and tomorrow is a full day of teaching. (Though I'm showing a reward movie in my math AIMS class). Then we have a three-day weekend!  Monday of this week hubby and I went shopping together. I could NOT believe how exhausted I was after only 1/2 hour in the store. We were going to go to several stores, but that was all I could handle. Today we went to a super Walmart.... egads I was plumb tuckered out by the time we were done. I felt like limp spaghetti.  One bad thing about my "itchies" is that for nearly two weeks I could barely MOVE. Pain didn't keep me immobile, friction did. I couldn't walk or do anything, because I was going insane with the itching. I just lay with ice on my tummy for two weeks waiting for the itching to go away. I think I lost some muscle mass in my legs because they feel like jelly. But it's good to be out and about and working. I missed my kids.  As far as eating/drinking/etc... I started on Mushies at two weeks per Dr. J. That was easy to begin with. But by Monday of this week I started to experience "full" and began to have a strange mental/physical duel with "hunger".... I am absolutely convinced that head hunger has come to haunt me, and I'm absolutely convinced it is head hunger. After shopping today I sat in the kitchen while hubby put stuff away, and I was so hungry. I wanted to eat a small horse. But instead I had 1 oz of seafood salad, 1/4 oz of cheese, and half a mini dill pickle... and while my head was still hungry, I couldn't even stomach the thought of actually EATING anything. So I'm hungry in my head but my tumtum says "don't you dare". It's very disconcerting!  While I did well on liquids and proteins early out, it's harder while teaching. Especially hard when I have a nap. Most days I'm still getting in close to 64 oz of liquids and 70 oz of liquid protein plus food protein in small amounts. But today, after the Walmart trip, hubby and I had a nap.... and woke up at 2 am! Some nap! That's why I'm writing this at such an odd hour!  Happily, now that standardized testing is over, the regimented "thou shalt teach nearly everything before April 8" curriculum is over. I now have the rest of the school year to work on fun projects in my high school math classes. :) So this is when teaching becomes "easiest" for me.  btw, you might have had trouble finding my posts if you were looking for my old avatar. Sometimes I go through moods and change my avatar daily, and sometimes weekly. I was watching a TV show on nebulae so I changed my avatar to a galaxy, and made my new ticker along the same theme lines. :) I've lost 18 lbs in 3 weeks.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Gena L.
on 4/9/08 11:32 pm - Sun City, AZ
That is why I could not find you. I knew you had likely changed your avatar and tho I looked, I was tired last night with fibro pain creeping in and getting me between the shoulders and back.  I am happy you are doing so well now. Tiredness we will live with for several weeks yet.  I am being pampered and very grateful for it.  I am still doing a lot of napping myself tho I am definately up more than even 2 days ago. Food.....well, I have to work hard at it. The cream of potato soup at J.B's satisfies me when nothing else seems to. I am stuggling with getting in enough water and protein but see changes daily so not yet worried. I do regret buying the Optisource vitamens. $ of those large sweet tablets are about 3 too many a day. It seemed pre-surgery that I spent a lot of time thinking of insulin readings, doses and and the appropriate food. I still think of it...but seldom want it. I fill very quickly and decided this morning that I was taking sips that are too large, especially with my protein shake. I only pour out partial portions now  as looking at the whole 8 ounces is defeating. I have not even thought of shopping other than a very quick trip to Fry's to purchase yoghurt that my mother and hubby can not find and a few other things. This is after my first trip out to see the PCP today about my BS readings and yes, they are dropping slowly thank goodness as I am not up for a hypoglycemic reaction. Well, I have done my testing, had part of a protein shake, feed the dog and cat and taken Murphy outside. I am now ready for a short nap, or at least a rest. Most all pain is better except the large lower left incision which is slightly redened. The steri stips pull on it quite painfully but only when getting up from a lying position. Itching, I  do have  it but only the normal healing type of itch. It gets better each day.  I am glad to hear from you Lithia and hope you will post again soon. I know everyone else will be glad to hear from you too. Gena

Most Active