Did you take your support person/buddy/family member to preop class?

beckipoohbear
on 4/8/08 1:56 am - AZ
Okay, this is a random and possibly stupid question, but hey that's what we are all here for!  Did your support person attend the preop class with you?  My sister is planning on coming with me because she wants to learn about everything so she can be there to help me after the surgery.  In the middle of the night I had this totally random thought pop into my head that maybe this was really weird and nobody did it.  So, I put this to all of you experts out there.  Help! Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/8/08 3:08 am - Tucson, AZ
My support person went to all the classes with me and even some of my appointments with the surgeon.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Gena L.
on 4/8/08 4:07 am - Sun City, AZ
Heavens...Take her...that is what a support person is for. You can not remember everything...especially after the surgery when the surgeon comes to talk with you. My hubby was able to remember what Dr Juarez said about my insulin dosages even though I could not. Take her everywhere with you! Gena

dramqueen6
on 4/8/08 5:17 am - Glendale, AZ
I am not at that point yet, but I do plan on taking my mom with me during the class. She came with me for my initial consult and I want her there for the class as well.. I always have moments of lapse of memory when they ask if anyone has any questions.. Then all of a sudden in the middle of the night i go.. Oh man i should have asked that... Thats why she is going to be there.. 2 people hear and retain more information then one.. I highly recomend taking your sister!! 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
ginau
on 4/8/08 5:43 am - mesa, AZ
Becky  Yes by all means  take your person with you to all your appts ! every single one , also make sure they have your medical power of atty , Your support person is going to hear and see things you wont- cause your too excited. She / he will also learn the best way  to support you - things to do and not to do !!! ( food police )  The only thing - bring a bag lunch for them at your long pre-op day  or make them go to the cafeteria for that meal ,
westvalley
on 4/8/08 9:18 am - Glendale, AZ
My husband or my mom was at my side at every class. It's good to have someone who will be physically there with you get the info also. They may come up with questions you didn't think of or keep you on track post op (as my team of wardens do) when you may forget something or when your in the mood to be naughty :-D
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
azreggie
on 4/8/08 12:35 pm - Tucson, AZ
My daughter came with me to my appointments because her schedule is more open than my husbands.  Good Sam had a box lunch for her too.

Reggie

Gena L.
on 4/8/08 7:51 pm - Sun City, AZ
I would not have thought of myself as a wrap person but the turkey wraps the day I went to class was great! Gena

Azskyprincess
on 4/10/08 2:29 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Yes took my mom with me to the class just before surgery Re how to eat what to exspect etc..I wanted her to know how to deal with it also...and my sister went to my Surg appt with me ..I swear she asked more ??'s then I did but she is a nurse so she had lots of ??'s ...Even now they remind me of small things that I have forgotten...and get this my MOM calls me every single day to ask me if I took my VITES ...they really stressed that in the class ...she even leaves me voice mails when I am flying...so far I have NEVER missed ONE VITE ...
Most Active