I am on my way

dramqueen6
on 4/8/08 5:07 am - Glendale, AZ
I just finished my sleep study (this was a bit creepy) and my phsyc eval was sent and recieved by Stella at SB.. Now I guess I wait for the insurance company?  What did you guys do at this time?  I left a message for Joanne at SB to see if she has submitted it to my insurance company and I am waiting her callback.  I dont know if I should call my insurance company yet or wait til I hear from Joanne...  What did you guys do at this time.. Also who else has UHC how long should I expect to hear back from them? Thanks guys.. Each step of the way I have more and more questions.. Any help i would so much appreciate!! 

Cindy

*Surgery Scheduled for July 8th!! YAY
ginau
on 4/8/08 5:38 am - mesa, AZ
Go ahead and call the insurance comp - they will give you an update and then you also know if they recvd all that they need or not !   UHC is pretty fast ... from previous exp - be working on dime size bites , loosing your 10%  and getting your head in the right place ..  Congratulations you are on your way !!!
dramqueen6
on 4/8/08 5:47 am - Glendale, AZ
I guess they are still pending the phsyc eval through united healthcare behavioral.. Once that is done they then send it to my rep at UHC... I have left voicemails all over the place thinking someone is going to call me back.. LOL  Thanks though.. You are right about doing what i need to be doing in case the approval is sooner then later... My biggest thing is quitting smoking.. I need to do this now so it doesnt hold me up..

Cindy

Megs515
on 4/8/08 6:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Cindy!  Looks like you've already gotten some great advice but I wanted to share my experience with you and the team at SB. Every time I tried to get in touch with Joanne she was never there or "on the other line." When I did finally get in touch with her, she assured me that she had sent in my information and that it had been received. I finally called my insurance company to see if they had received anything. Guess what...they hadn't. I called Joanne back and she took another look at my file. Then she comes back on the phone and was like..."Oh yeah, sorry, I never submitted your paperwork. It says you still need a letter from your pcp." After telling her that my doctor had faxed it to her three times she mysteriously found a copy of it. Then she finally submitted my paperwork 2 weeks later. That is actually a big part of why I changed doctors. I don't want to scare you...just want to make sure that you know to keep on top of them or things won't get done. Megan

L. TP
on 4/8/08 2:52 pm
Without going into detail I have had some dealings at SB and the people you mentioned also, and then some.  They are so busy that you definately fall in the cracks if you don't stay on top of things.  They are really working on this though. Dr. Blackstone called me personally to let me know.  It is worth staying, just stay on top of the office.  They need more staff.  Remember you are not going for the office personel you are going for the doctor.  The hospital people and post op people are stellar!  Stay on top of it though!  I had a veeeeeeeeeery similar experience. Hugs.
dramqueen6
on 4/9/08 5:18 am - Glendale, AZ
They called me back yesterday and everything was sent to my insurance company.  United health care apparently has to get an okay from behavioral health saying i am normal lol.. Once that is done then my insurance rep at UHC will submit everything. I am getting so close guys.. please pray for me that i get approved!! 

Cindy

Most Active