Support Groups

JRinAZ
on 4/8/08 4:18 am - Layton, UT
Hi all! Just a note to remind all you Chandler Support Group attendees that we will NOT be having a meeting this Wednesday!  They are using our location for a Blood Drive!.....You can still pop in but be prepared to donate a pint! Support Group Options in the East Valley (open to EVERYONE) Bridges at Mountain Vista is the 2nd Weds at 6 p.m. (tomorrow) And Chandler's will lmeet the 4th Tuesday of every month (April 22nd) Below is the schedule for the Banner Gateway.  It is OPEN to everyone!   Support Groups at Banner Gateway Bariatric Center  

The Banner Gateway Bariatric Center Support Group is open to all weight loss surgery patients no matter whom your surgeon is or where you had your surgery. Whether you are pre-op or post-op you are welcome to attend our meetings. Our support group offers a warm and welcoming environment where you will feel immediately at home.

Located on the SW corner of the US 60 and Higley Road in Mesa, AZ. For additional information please contact, 480-543-2606.

Date Time Session Location Topic Leader
03/04/08 6 p.m. Nutrition BGMC Grand Canyon III Portion Control Registered Dietician
03/12/08 6 p.m. Exercise BGMC Grand Canyon I Home Exercise Programs Exercise Physiologist
03/19/08 4:30 p.m. Peer Support Group BGMC Grand Canyon III Professionally Guided Psychologist
04/01/08 6 p.m. Nutrition BGMC Grand Canyon III Label Reading Registered Dietician
04/08/08 6 p.m. Exercise BGMC Grand Canyon III Stretch for Success Exercise Physiologist
04/16/08 4:30 p.m. Peer Support Group BGMC Grand Canyon III Professionally Guided Psychologist

05/06/08

6 p.m. Nutrition BGMC Grand Canyon III Got Calcium Registered Dietitian
05/13/08 6 p.m. Exercise BGMC Grand Canyon III Strength Training Exercise Physiologist
05/13/08 4:30 p.m. Peer Support Group BGMC Grand Canyon III Professionally Guided Psychologist

I think I"m going to try out the Mtn Vista Group tomorrow.  Anyone else want to join me???  You can NEVER get too much support on your journey! P.S.  I know Jen B has 2 lapband groups in the East Valley as well.  Maybe she can tag onto this post with the details?
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

dawnmaher
on 4/8/08 3:25 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hi Joyce,  Do you have a nice schedule like that for the West Valley Support group?  I have never been and would like to start!  Thanks Dawn
Gena L.
on 4/8/08 7:47 pm - Sun City, AZ
The 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month. 10:30 to 12:00 in the classroom at Banner Esrella Hospital on the 101 and Thomas Rd.  Did I send you the link to join the Yahoo group so they will send you messages?  Lovely group of peer facilitaed meetings. Lots of info shared. I may not get there this coming Sat. but will for the meeting on the 26th.  Gena

dawnmaher
on 4/9/08 3:55 am - Surprise, AZ
Thanks Gena,  I didnt get your link.  I am going to try to make as many meetings as I can.  Dawn
Gena L.
on 4/9/08 4:07 am - Sun City, AZ
Here is the link Dawn.  It may take a day or so for them to get back to you.  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WLSWestValley/ Gena

JRinAZ
on 4/9/08 2:13 am - Layton, UT
Well Miss Dawn, I'd much rather have yoiu drive over here and visit ME!  LOL!  But....here's some info that may help you and others out.........................  

Description

WLS West Valley is a support group that meets twice a month on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. It is a group designed for people who are pre-op or post-op for any kind of weight loss surgery. The meetings are PEER FACILITATED, FREE, and will be held at Banner Estrella Hospital in the Conference Rooms located at 93rd Avenue and Thomas Road from 10:30 AM to Noon. The conference rooms are located just west of the main hospital entrance.
You can join their support chat site at:   [email protected]  ******************************************************************** Dr. Eric Schlesinger also opens his support group up to EVERYONE.  His groups are held on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 3:30-4:30.  Here's their blurp from their website:  www.azwls.com   March 15, 2008 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM MONTHLY PATIENT SUPPORT GROUP-everyone is welcome to attend! Desert Ridge Medical Campus, 20950 N. Tatum Blvd, Suite 380. Phoenix, AZ 85050. Please refer to our website for detailed directions. We will contact you if the location is changed.  ******************************************************************** Bridges St Luke's is has their support mtg at 6 pm on the 1st Tuesday of every month.  They are considering opening it up to everyone but if anyone ever wants to attend then just give me a holler and I'll be your "buddy pass"!  I love the way Dr. Maxwell facilitates the groups! ********************************************************************* The key is to find a support group that works for YOU!  Having been in the "biz" for a few years and a support group junky for over 6 years; I have seen success linger longest with those who have been avid support group attendees!  .....  Drifters seem to fall into old habits.   SUPER SUCCESS = SUPPORT  Hope to see you at a support group soon! 
Joyce 

JRinAZ
on 4/9/08 2:18 am - Layton, UT
Holy Cow!  That posted sooooo freaky!  I hope you can figure it all out! ....It started in the middle and then wrapped itself to the top?  LEt me know if you need me to "resort" it out. Basics: WestPhoenix, FREE to EVERYONE and Peer facilitated- every other Sat AZ WLS FREE to EVERYONE and facilitated by  Dr. Eric Schlesinger - 3rd Sat Bridges St Lukes - FREE and open to EVERYONE if attending with a Bridges pt- 1st Tuesdays
Joyce 

dawnmaher
on 4/9/08 3:53 am - Surprise, AZ
Thanks Joyce!  This is a big help and you just might see me on your side of the valley someday!  Dawn
JRinAZ
on 4/9/08 1:26 pm - Layton, UT
Hi all, Just a quick note to report in on my support group pick for the night!  ....  I went on a grand adventure clear out towards the beautiful Superstition Mtns.  to the new hospital:  Mountain Vistal Medical Center.  It is named appropriately.  I munched a little salad before the meeting on the cafeteria patio and was amazed at the view!  Very cool! The support group is open to anyone/everyone and is facilitated by their Program Director/Patient Coordinator:  Lynn Felio.  Lynn is a registered nurse and is also a lapband grad of 5 years.  She's lovely and had oodles of very informative handouts prepared to go with her presentation. The group is is small since it's new but Lynn wants all to know that they are very welcome to join.  The room is spacious, lovely and very accomodating to folks of every size, shape, gender, political affilitation and health situation! They meet every month on the 2nd Weds from 6 to 7:00 p.m. I plan on returning again and hope bunches of you can join us!
Joyce 

JRinAZ
on 4/15/08 2:27 pm - Layton, UT

The Banner Gateway Bariatric Center Support Group is open to all weight loss surgery patients no matter whom your surgeon is or where you had your surgery. Whether you are pre-op or post-op you are welcome to attend our meetings. Our support group offers a warm and welcoming environment where you will feel immediately at home.

Located on the SW corner of the US 60 and Higley Road in Mesa, AZ. For additional information please contact, 480-543-2606. I'm going to try and be there tomorrow (April 16th) at 4:30.  The room is just to the right of the cafeteria. Join me????!!!! Joyce

Most Active