"HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT!" Must reading!

EmbodySuccess
on 4/7/08 3:29 am - Roswell, GA
Ever wonder where those unexpected urges & cravings for  "forbidden" food/ drugs/ activities come from?   Read my report on a newly released study from the US NIH on  the power of SUBLIMINAL images to trigger addictive cravings! Just click on the title and you'll go to the online version of the April issue of  ORACLE 20-20 magazine: "HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT! When Your Brain Has a Mind of Its Own!" (c)Lauralyn Bellamy Let me know what you think!  Best,  Lauralyn

Lauralyn Bellamy, MA, MDIV, ct Dreamcoach
Self-sabotage stopped!
Learn more at: embodysuccesscoach.com

dawnmaher
on 4/8/08 3:22 pm - Surprise, AZ
I am sooooo aware that I am getting alot of my head hunger from watching TV with all the commercial about food.  Pizza is the worst!  I have started using the mute button and averting my attention to other things during commercials and it has helped me alot!  Only 11 days out, no real hunger but the TV is the devil some days.  Dawn
EmbodySuccess
on 4/9/08 2:53 am - Roswell, GA
Dear Dawn, Congratulations on taking these positive steps to saving your life! Awareness & identification of the triggers in your particular sabotage arsenal are the beginning of the  Embody Success method. The next step is ACTION!  Think of this as a game of strategy that you will win! Be creative! Be radical!  Every day is about taking action steps that keep you moving in the direction of achieving your DREAMS. Cast aside ALL-OR-NOTHING thinking and embrace BOTH-AND thinking.  Yo-yo dieters are notorious for all-or-nothing {=AON):       "I won't have time for a 45-min workout at the gym so I'll go tomorrow;"       "I shouldn't have eaten that Chinese fried rice at lunch, I'll re-start my diet tomorrow;" etc. Turning on the mute button during TV commercials and averting your eyes is a beginning, AND it is skirting the larger issue of the reason we "veg out" in front of our TV's. Vegging out is another way of saying, "numbing out" which is a way of reducing tension/anxiety/anger/fear/sadness. Am I saying give up TV? No. I am suggesting you monitor how you use television. Is it babysitting you or are you selective? That's why coaching is so critically important to successfully getting off the weightloss rollercoaster. One cannot perform surgery on oneself; but the patient is an active co-creator of the successful treatment protocol.   All my magazine articles on this subject can be found on my blog.  Best, Lauralyn

Self-sabotage stopped!

dawnmaher
on 4/9/08 3:18 am - Surprise, AZ
Thanks Lauralyn,  I know all about numbing out in front of the tv lo.  Before my WLS I started therapy too and am working on ALL my life issues with her.  I plan to be a warrior against that which harms my body and my life.  Thanks for the encouragement!   Dawn
EmbodySuccess
on 4/9/08 4:49 am - Roswell, GA
Good going, Dawn! You may still find my articles worthwhile reading. Hey, they're free! I also have reprints of my article in OH magazine (Spring '06) that I'll be happy to email you if you give me your email address. Are you closer to Phoenix or Tucson. I have a number of clients from the Tucson area. (Right, gals?! Can I get a witness!) Let me know if there's any way I can support you, Dawn! Best, Lauralyn

Self-sabotage stopped!

Most Active