Leak test

Sandra C.
on 4/7/08 1:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Could anyone please explain to me what a leak test is and what the process is when they test you. I  would like to be prepared. It helps when going into the "valley of the unknown!"  Thanks! One more day!!    
Deanne K.
on 4/7/08 5:28 am - Tucson, AZ
They do a fluroscopy x-ray while you are drinking a solution.  It could be many different kinds of solution.  They usually test you the day after your surgery to make sure there is no leaks.
Sandra C.
on 4/7/08 7:36 am - Phoenix, AZ
OK..Thanks Deanne, that helps me picture what will be done. Kind of like an upper GI. I just got home from the store and bought some diiferent flavors of Crystal light and cream of Rice, I am making fajitas for my boyfriend and sister for dinner tonight and my boyfriend cannot beleive that I can't eat any. I told him, things are going to be different, but we'll take it day by day and you'll get used to everything. I am not even tempted to eat. I think it's because I am so grateful that I am finally having my revision done and this time I have support and instructions. When I had my 1st surgery in 1983, the surgeon just said to eat soft food and that's about it. There was one visit after the surgey and I was on my own. I am excited and don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I am really going to miss my puppy. Poor thing will think I abandoned him. Yoday is the first day he went to the door and scratched to get out. I am so proud of him. Only 4 months old and he sits, shakes, and plays dead and now is pretty much house broken. My boyfriend will be home with him and I know he will take good care of him, I will miss cuddleing him and having him fall asleep on my recliner with me!
Deanne K.
on 4/7/08 9:10 am - Tucson, AZ
Yes, it is like having an upper gi.  You will do well and will succeed in your journey.  Best of Luck tomorrow.
Most Active