Surgery Date Set for 4/29

AzViper
on 4/4/08 8:27 am, edited 4/6/08 1:27 pm - AZ
My surgery date has been set for Tuesday 4/29. I meet with Lisa Benson at St. Joseph Hospital on Thursday 4/24 for my pre health exam. Things are moving very fast. I was told that I will be on a protein diet two weeks before surgery. The time of the surgery I will not know until next Tuesday.
JUS4TRA
on 4/4/08 9:55 am
On April 4, 2008 at 3:27 PM Pacific Time, AzViper wrote:

My surgery date has been set for Tuesday 4/29. I meet with Lisa Benson at St. Joseph Hospital on Thursday 4/24 for my pre health exam. Things are moving very fast. I was told that I will be on a protein diet two weeks before surgery. The time of the surgery I will not know until next Tuesday.

Congraulation

Desertflower
on 4/4/08 2:38 pm - Mesa, AZ
I know how excited and nervous you must be.  I felt the same way when I was 3 to 4 weeks out.  Get your passport ready...because you are about to blast off into a future you have only imagined!!! I am very happy for you.  Please keep me posted on your progress.  God Bless. Robin
Sandra C.
on 4/5/08 11:27 am - Phoenix, AZ
Good luck on your surgery. I hope time flies and the end of the month gets here fast. I have read your posts and I know you have put a lot of work into having this surgery done. Dilligence pays off and I'm sure it will be well worth it when you see yourself in a year from now. We will all be so much healthier. I can't wait to throw my high blood pressure pills away. !!
AzViper
on 4/6/08 1:26 pm, edited 4/6/08 1:26 pm - AZ

I have been thinking about these two weeks of hell leading up to surgery. Knowing that I will be going on 2 protein drinks and a small light meal in the evening each day, all within about 600 calories per day. Yes I can do it, but will I like it? The answer is a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I know the demons will be out to get me and I will have to fight through the temptations.

I have to be honest here. When I went to the doctors office on Friday when I learn of the surgery date I expected to receive paperwork of step by step instructions. All I got was a quick speech of two protein drinks and a light meal two weeks before surgery.

The lady I work with who used the same surgeon received a big dose of instructions about 2 months ago. I have asked her to bring the instructions to work so that I can copy.

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/7/08 12:02 am - Tucson, AZ

You may be surprised at what you are able to tolerate.  I actually believe the protein makes you feel full.  Try carrying a water bottle with you everywhere you go and drink from it.  That will help too.

I will be thinking of you on your surgery day and looking forward to hearing about your experience once it is over.

~Becky!

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

L. TP
on 4/6/08 2:57 pm
Things may have changed and what not.  I would call and try to get them to mail that to you or pick it up.  Congrats on your upcoming surgery!  You need to get some before pictures up :)
Ann M.
on 4/7/08 12:29 am - Peoria, AZ
Congrats on your surgery date.  You'll soon be on the loser's bench with the rest of us.   I do have a pet peeve with the local doctors.  They seem to think that everyone knows exactly what to do.  This is all rote to them but very new and personal to you and they should take the time to sit down and explain what to expect, what foods you can eat right after surgery and the 2 weeks prior.   I'm so glad I had my doctor in Michigan.  He gave us all a notebook with all the information on what to expect along with handouts from the NUT on what to and not to eat.  We all were very well informed and we didn't have to ask questions unless they were outside of the extensive information given to us.   OK, off the soapbox for now.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
dane
on 4/17/08 9:32 am

Wonderful!  That's my birthday!  I am also a patient of Swatz's, and would love to hear how things go.  I'm hoping to have the banding done in May.

Most Active