Geena and Reggie

Sandra C.
on 4/4/08 8:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi guys..I was at Banner this morning for some pre-op stuff so I went upstairs and found Geena. She was sitting up in a chair looking very well! She was a little slow because of the painkillers, but she honestly looked beautiful, like she had makeup on and her hair was done. She said she felt good and she was eating potato soup. She said they are pushing her to eat too much! She said the Dr released her to go home in the morning and she was very happy about that. Understandably, she wanted her own bed.   Then I found the surgery floor and located the surgery waiting room and found Reggies very sweet daughter and husband. It was about 12:30 and Reggie had been in surgery about 45 minutes. She was excited and nervous of course. I hope she gets a room today because Geena said the rooms were full and they kept her in recovery a day, waiting on a room to open up. Geena had a private room and she was happy about that!  I haven't been on the board much. I had 2 days off and have been trying to get things taken care of before I go in Tuesday morning. sorry about you not being able to have your surgery this month Lyns. When something like that happens I always say it was Karma and was meant to be for a reason. It still sucks though!
Carrie S.
on 4/4/08 8:43 am - Fort Riley, KS
Thanks for posting about my auntie!!!  I was glad to hear that she was up and about too.  She sounded great on the phone.  I can't wait to go see her!  Thank you again.
westvalley
on 4/4/08 8:58 am - Glendale, AZ
That sounds great! I know they both are doing beautifully. The info is much appreciated. I can't wait to hear from Gena and Reggie.
dawnmaher
on 4/4/08 12:05 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hey Sandra, you are a super angel!  what a great first hand report on both of our friends.  did gena have any info on what her sugars were doing and her insulin?  Dawn
Sandra C.
on 4/4/08 9:21 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I didn't get to ask Gena about her meds. I thought about it later and wish that I had. She was really tired from being up and eating and I could tell she was ready to get back in bed and sleep, so I didn't stay too long. I just kind of popped in to give some support!
Gena L.
on 4/7/08 12:43 pm - Sun City, AZ
Still high as of this morning Dawn....198 fasting. It seems so odd to only get 2units of insulin tho.  I called my PCP and he has me coming in Thursday to see him...of course he thinks they are still way to high but as I am his first WLS patient I don't think he realizes how little I am actually eating. He will see my chart Thursday.  Gena

dawnmaher
on 4/7/08 1:45 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hi Gena!  so great to hear from you.  i think of you each day and hope for a quick recovery for you.  my blood sugars are at 115 fasting!  i cant even believe it.  i think i might be off my last meds after i see the dr. on the 17th.  keeping a close eye on them tho just in case.  yours will fall quickly too since you are not hardly eating at all.  how is the eating going for you.  it sure isnt easy is it?  huggs dawn.
Gena L.
on 4/7/08 2:06 pm - Sun City, AZ
Oh Dawn....what a blessing that would be!  And having a hard time eating enough but drinking is going ok. I have always been a iced tea aholic....now I mostly want only water.  And to be rid of the gas. Jim took me for an outside walk this evening and I have been up too long...I am headed for my Will check with you tomorrow! Gena

L. TP
on 4/4/08 1:42 pm
Thanks so much for the update.  They are just the cutest!  Noooo worries on the date.  Totally ment not to be!  My day will be here soon enough and I know I have all of you to watch over me when it does :) I cannot wait to hear from those girls!
Most Active