Frustration

Nicole W.
on 4/4/08 2:10 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
the January newsletter had Bio on him... sounds like a good surgeon to me.  Blackstone is EXTREMELY, I mean EXTREMELY picky when it comes to taking care of her patients.  That is probably Dr. Gunsberger is probably gone...  and Dr. Blackstone supervised my whole gall bladder removal surgery and ended up finishing it because it popped.  A month later, Gunsberger is gone.  (not saying because of my situation, but I have heard other complaints) I would feel find having Dr. Sprunger doing my surgery...  but I'm not you.  Go with your gut.
Dr. Kurt Sprunger Joins SBC on May 1, 2008
Dr. Sprunger

Hi. I am Dr. Kurt Sprunger. I am a native of Indiana, born in the small town of Greenfield, and spent my childhood in Indianapolis. I received my undergraduate and medical degree from Indiana University. After completing my residency in general surgery at the University of Iowa in 1989, I have been in private practice with a group of general surgeons in Muncie, Indiana for the past 18 years.

During my career, I have maintained experience in all aspects of general surgery including thyroid, breast surgery and gastrointestinal cancer surgery. However, my keenest interest has been to embrace the tremendous benefits of advanced laparoscopy for virtually all abdominal operations. Since late 2005, I have been the director of the bariatric surgery program at Ball Memorial Hospital.

Recently, it has been my pleasure to become acquainted with Dr. Robin Blackstone and all the staff at Scottsdale Bariatric Center, and it is my privilege to have been invited to join Dr. Blackstone's practice beginning May of 2008. I consider weight loss surgery to be one of the most beneficial and rewarding operations a surgeon can perform. The possibility of helping patients to cure or significantly improve their obesity related conditions such as hypertension, diabetes or sleep apnea, as well as adding years to their longevity is tremendously fulfilling, and I look forward to joining your outstanding team in this noble endeavor.

I am blessed to be married to Kim, my wife of 12 years and have wonderful six year old twins, Claire and Jack, and a dog, Brownie. We are all eager and proud to make Scottsdale our new home. I look forward to meeting all of you and becoming colleagues and friends.

TinkerBell

beckipoohbear
on 4/4/08 2:22 pm - AZ
Thanks for posting that info for me...I don't know why I didn't see that in the January newsletter. The experience is encouraging and I know how exacting Blackstone can be so that is also a good sign. I just appreciate all the support and encouragement here.
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Most Active