Frustration

beckipoohbear
on 4/4/08 5:01 am - AZ
So I got a call from Dr. Blackstone's office just now and they needed to reschedule my preop appointment with Dr. Sprunger b/c his schedule changed.  Dr. Sprunger? I said, who is that, why aren't I seeing Dr. Blackstone?  Well apparently I "approved" being scheduled on Dr. Sprunger's books and he is starting at Scottsdale Bariatric at the beginning of May.  Needless to say this freaks me out because one of the reasons I chose this office was specifically for Dr. Blackstone's skills.  So now I am in a quandry, do I keep my surgery date and go with this guy, or do I wait for Blackstone which means an August surgery date.  I told them to keep me on his books for now and now I am off madly scurrying to do my homework on this guy.  If anyone has any info or experience with this doc, please let me know.
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

JUS4TRA
on 4/4/08 6:05 am
ASK JOANNE TO SEND YOU INFORMATION ON HIM THE HAVE A SIGN IN THE LOBBY TELLING YOU ALL ABOUT HIM. HE RAN HIS OWN WLS CLINIC I DO BELIVE?

westvalley
on 4/4/08 9:02 am - Glendale, AZ
So Sorry to hear that. I made sure every step of the way I was asking them if Dr B was doing my surgery. I understand your frustration because people do choose her as a surgeon because of her skills and reputation. I am also not sure about the Aug scheduling date as a few people I know who just got approved for June with her. I would clarify this with Joanne. I hope it works out for you wither way.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
beckipoohbear
on 4/4/08 9:25 am - AZ
Well Joanne is the one who gave me that the next date was August 5th, but then there have been all these people posting today about getting their date moved up to April or earlier May due to openings so I don't know why that is all that is open.  I don't know if they have a list of people to call if a spot opens up but I thought about seeing if there is something like that.  Otherwise I'll probably stick with the new guy, I know it's kind of vain but my sister is getting married in October and so having surgery in May was going to make that an added bonus on top of all the health reasons for surgery.  Also, I do know Blackstone prides herself in her practice and her reputation and so she wouldn't bring in somebody she didn't have the utmost confidence in.  It just kinda sucks b/c I thought one thing and that one thing is the reason I have waited so long for my surgery, just to have Dr. B.  So, I kept my date for now but I am keeping my options open.

JUS4TRA
on 4/4/08 9:50 am

when you  are booked for sugery every one is a different number 1-4 and depending on your needs. every number has a differnt waiting list. Do you know what your number is?

beckipoohbear
on 4/4/08 9:58 am - AZ
I have no idea they even did such a thing so I don't have a clue what my number is.

JUS4TRA
on 4/4/08 10:07 am
Im so sorry! From what i have read the new doctor has a lot of experiance he had his own practice hope this helps!!!

Deanne K.
on 4/4/08 10:13 am - Tucson, AZ
Just because the new Dr. is doing your surgery doesn't mean that Dr. Blackstone isn't there with him.  She like to oversee for awhile before she lets them go on their own.  You are probably going to be in good hands either way.
beckipoohbear
on 4/4/08 1:07 pm - AZ
That's true, especially since he will have only been there a few weeks. That is a good question to ask. I'm just afraid of the unknown, especially since its very hard to find information about the new guy on the internet. But I am doing my homework and slowly getting more acclimated to having somebody else do the surgery.

L. TP
on 4/4/08 1:47 pm
August 5th?  That doesn't even sound right. I just got my surgery date 2 weeks ago and its June 3rd.  Now, they may have squeezed me in because they made some huge errors on my case, but I don't think so.  I would also think the schedule would free up more with a  new doctor on board. I think that was just a way to make you see the other doctor personally.    Having said that, he sounds great.  He ran a clinic I believe hospital clinic like blackstone and he was the director.  Still,  I would probably demand they figure this one out and that is just not acceptable.  They did call me this morning to bump me up although, I couldn't do the date. I do believe if you take the Aug 5th one though you will get bumped up. IT happens  A LOT there.
Most Active