Thigh Lift

RoseStone
on 4/4/08 4:59 am
Need thigh left badly.  Don't know if I should have lipo before removing skin from inner thighs...large thighs.  Having ongoing rash "down there" that won't go away.  Of course, I have to pay for it.  Was going to go to Mexico for lipo and have skin removed in AZ.  My daughter thinks same surgeon should do both.   Of course, can save money with Mexican surgeon who did my breast implants.  Also scared of surgery.  Almost died after my gastric bypasss from being over medicated...daughter saved my life.   Another problem I'm having is my friends always trying to feed me.    Some say I'm not any fun anymore cause I can't eat.  Any help would help would be appreciated.  I need a support group...live near 32nd st. and Shea in Phoenix.  Thanks for any help.
JRinAZ
on 4/4/08 7:58 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Rose Stone! I can't help you out with the friends who wnat to keep feeding you BUT I can give you some help with your thighplasty question.   I am the Post Bariatric Program Director for Dr. Gitt and Dr. Heffel at North Valley Plastic Surgery.  We see successful weight loss patient's all the time who are hoping for a thighplasty at some point in their Reconstructive Body Contouring journey.  In the cases where the thighs are still rather full; you would definitely want to "stage" the thighplasty by first doing lipo.  This releases the skin so that you can have nicer results.  Most people may have the lipo done at the time of their circumferential body lift and then return a few months later to complete the thighplasty.  If, howeer, a  person's thighs are nothing but loose skin (think shar pei) then lipo is rarely needed. Since all of us are unique, I would suggest going to a couple of consultations here in the U.S.  I have seen too many plastic surgery emergencies up from Mexico to feel good about sending people that direction.   And, since you have had a bad surgery experience, I'm sure you are after the safest option. Dr. Gitt and Dr. Heffel focus the majority of their practice on Post Bariatric Body Contouring.  You can check out Dr. Gitt's reviews here on O.H.  .....  If you'd like a complimentary consultation to see what options you may have then just give me a call at the office.  I'd be happy to help you out. Good luck! Joyce 480.991.6877
L. TP
on 4/4/08 1:52 pm
I know a lot of insurances don't cover plastic surgery but this may be "medically necessary."  If you can prove pain and discomfort it may be worth the attempt and appeal.  I believe the office mentioned above is one of the only ones that may help with that insurance approval.  If not, try it on your own (to get it approved).  I have heard of a lot of people getting the thiegh and belly plasty done via insurance even though they ORIGINALLY said they don't cover it. Given your past experience PLEASE do not go to mexico. I know some people swear by their experiences but that is really a big gamble. Lyns
RoseStone
on 4/5/08 4:30 am
Thanks for your response.   I have been to several plastic docs and all say they will not even submit to insurance.  Prices and recommendations have varied.  Saw Dr. Gitt for consult and got a bill from them...he was one of the pricier ones.  It's soo expensive and scaredy cat keeps putting it off plus the expense will bankrupt me.  Thats why I thought I could save a few bucks going to Mexico.  Doc down there won't even do a thigh lift and several in Phoenix won't touch them either.  One even said he wouldn't suggest anybody have it done, but with my rash issue I may have to just bite the bullet and decide who gets my money...hee, hee   Thanks for responding.
JRinAZ
on 4/5/08 10:18 am - Layton, UT
Rose, It sounds like you've got some specific medical issues that definitely make you a higher risk for surgery  One things  for sure....."IF" a surgeon says he doesn't want to do it or doesn't usually do it.  I'd RUN!  You shouldnt have any procedure done by any less than an expert. (BOARD certified plastic surgeon who specializes in Post Bariatric work) As for prices.  I can only share my personal experience.  I went P.S. shopping (8 consults) and ended up going with a good price.  Let me just say that I got what I paid for (It wasn't with Dr. Gitt)!  ......  He will be fixing my  mess for me someday soon.  I hadn't ever heard of him when I was hunting  and  was actually considering Costa Rica for surgery.  .....  I know that our body types (questionable healing issues and damaged skin)  often have some complications following major plastic surgery.  I"d much rather be closer to home and good medical care than stranded on an airplane , car, or uncertain country with an issue. I'm not sure why you'd get a bill for a consult unless the office was helping you try for insurance coverage?  Just call them.  They are great about fixing oops if that's the case.  ...... IF going bankrupt is a possibility by paying cash; I think you're best bet is to try all insurance possibilities first.   Bankruptcy could bring on other medical conditions sweetie!  Heart attack?!!!  :( I hope you can find some help.  I know how miserable skin breakdown can be for people. Take Care! Joyce
Most Active