Nausea/Pain while eating and after

LoveNSterio
on 4/3/08 2:43 am
Hi, Just wanted to run this by someone else to see if anyone else has had or is having same problems. I had WLS last June and have lost over 100 pounds in less than7 months. I started at 235 and now I weight about 128. The problem I have had consistently is trouble eating I either get lots of nausea or severe stomach cramping and pain once the food hits my stomach. I take my time and really chew my food and the results are the same no matter what. I'm several medications for the pain as well as nausea and acid build up. I was being treated for an ulcer and have had several scopes which now show that the ulcer has healed. I also had my Gallbladder out because the doctor thought that was the problem. I still have trouble eating and digesting food. I have been reduced to eating  1-3ounces about twice a day. I'm eating soups, some fruits and salad it seems like when I try to eat more solid foods I get the severe abdominal cramping and severe nausea. I'm concerned mainly with my loss of energy/focus, losing too much weight and never being able to eat normal again especially when I see others who have had the surgery and at this point can eat more normal with no problems. My surgeon is Dr. Juarez and unfortunately the post care has been less than desirable. I'm torn with continuing my treatment with Dr. Juarez or cutting my losses and seeking a new WLS. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I feel very frustrated
Azskyprincess
on 4/3/08 6:58 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12

YOUR not alone...I also have the same problem ...no more than 3 bites of food at any time..if I try to eat  it HURTS...soups go down great so does veggies really steamed ...meat just does NOT work it HURTS ..then I get sick to tummy also...I have been scoped I had a stricture back in Dec..I have lost 106 # in 5 mo's ...I also have lack of concetration and I am always tired ..my labs at 4 mo's were perfect..I have a great Dr so thats not the issue ...he says TIME...Ok I am waiting glad to know that I am NOT alone with the issue I was starting to think it was all in my head...Lisa

20candy07
on 4/3/08 7:12 am - Tolleson, AZ
Have you called Dr. Juarez's nutritionist, Jenel?  She may help. Candy
JRinAZ
on 4/3/08 8:08 am - Layton, UT
Hey there friend! Sounds like you're having a rough ride??? Dr. Juarez is a sweetie and very thorough.  What does he have to say about you?  If you're not happy there then definitely check out anotehr surgeon or find a very WLS-friendly and knowledgeable pcp? How about going on liquid protein drinks for a couple of days to see if you can let the tummy rest and then introduce things slowly as if you were a newbie?  Depending on your height, 128 isn't alarmingly low yet but if you're sick all the time and heading down even further then someone should help you quickly!  Call your doc! Take care of yourself and keep us posted!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active