CPAP to surgery

Gena L.
on 4/1/08 7:12 pm - Sun City, AZ
I was told to bring my CPAP machine and water for it.... to the hospital with me....what did the rest of you do? Between that and pillows and notebooks, etc....seems like I am going to have a lot of stuff for hubby to schlep around.  They won't assign a room till you get to recovery. They need a locker somewhere that this stuff can be put in, on the 6th floor and then it is there waiting for us.I shall make the suggestion....think they will listen

L. TP
on 4/2/08 1:12 am
Not a chance but a fantastic idea.  I am SOOOOOOOOOO excited for you.
Maureen O.
on 4/2/08 3:37 am - Glendale, AZ
I brought mine with me and they didn't even use it, they used their own machine.  I like the locker idea, all hospitals should do that.   Good luck,  Maureen

Myspace CodesMyspace, Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes

dawnmaher
on 4/2/08 4:00 am - Surprise, AZ
Gena,  I took my CPAP too but did not use it until the very last nap there as they had me on oxygen the entire time, my levels were not 100% and thats where they wanted them.  Mostly i was at 96% but attained 100% the second nite.  I took a suitcase of stuff and only ever used my lip balm, my flip flops, my pillow and my shower stuff.  Never felt like writing or reading at all.  I do know that they had to have my CPAP in the recovery room waiting for me.  But like I said they never used it. 
azreggie
on 4/2/08 6:57 am - Tucson, AZ
I think we're talking different hospitals.  I believe that Dr Fany works out of St Luke's, and  Juarez works out of Good Sam.  They both may do exactely the same thing.  All I'm bringing is my toiletries case (blistex included) earplugs, pillow, and flip flops. I always travel light though.

Reggie

Most Active