Biotin

pwrightt
on 4/2/08 11:11 am - PHOENIX, AZ

Hi Becky: First you look fabulous. Second I never took Biotin by itself but I did take plenty of vitamins including two multi vitamins a day. It became such a habit I have continued to this day taking two multi vitamins (one in the morning one at night) Sublingual B-12, a B complex and calcium. I just took a look at my Multi vitamin containers and both contain Biotin. I will say the hair loss is now normal. After my gallbladder surgery I did loose a lot of hair. Now its normal. I too wonder if I still need to take all these vitamins daily. Saying this I fear if I stop taking my vitamins all my energy will disappear (and maybe some hair) Pam 

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/2/08 11:33 am - Tucson, AZ

Thanks Pam.  I still take the sublingual B-12, two multivitamins and a calcium citrate everyday.  I have a few more Biotin and then I will quit.  If and when I do plastics I will take the Biotin again for a few months.  My hair didn't come out in handfulls but it did come out in spots.  Now, like you, I think the hair loss I have is normal.  I have hypothyroidism too and there is some hair loss with that as well. 

Good to hear from you Pam.

Becky

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Cassi J.
on 4/3/08 6:11 pm - AZ
I really don't think it makes much difference.  I never took it and I also haven't lost any hair.  And as Joyce said, she has taken faithfully and still lost hair after surgery.  It's certainly not going to hurt you, though.  Maybe it helps more with regrowth? 
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Most Active