Dr. Schlesinger patients

Cynthia Johnson
on 3/28/08 2:03 am
Hello, I would like feedback if you have had the RNY to BPDS.  BPDS=Biliopancreatic with Duodenal Switch revision.  I would like to hear about your journey. Thanks for the post!! Kisses 
toleary
on 3/28/08 2:33 am - AZ
Dr Schlesinger is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tori
Cynthia Johnson
on 3/28/08 3:36 am
Hello and thank you for the post.  Can you tell me what your consult was like? Cynthia
toleary
on 3/30/08 3:17 pm - AZ
He explained everything very well and was awesome it was funny because I walked in with so many questions and when he was done talking and explaining it to me he asked if I had any questions and I had very few questions he did such a good job explaining and putting me at ease....you will love him... Tori
Michael B.
on 3/28/08 6:47 am - Gilbert, AZ
I can't speak from personal experience on him as a surgeon, because I had a great surgeon in another state. he is in charge of my follow-up care though, and i can say nothing bad about him...He is very knowledgable, easy-going, friendly, and even went out of his way to help me with non WLS related issues (I mentioned I couldn't get an app with anyone to treat my back pain for at least six weeks and thirty minutes later his assistant was calling me with an appointment for THAT day with a neurologist that he knows (who by the way, in one session cured me of my chronic back pain)....anyways.. I also know a lot of his patients through OH and support groups and I think they pretty much all love him...So, go ahead, he's got my stamp of approval...p.s. his staff is great - at least two of them that I have met are post-op wls patients (though you would never know unless they told you!) so they've been there - which I feel is more valuable then you might even realize...

Visit My Newly Launched Blog:

Cynthia Johnson
on 3/28/08 12:05 pm
Hello and thank you for this post.  I am looking forward to the consult on next week. If you are being well looked after for aftercare with a surgeon who didn't perform the initial surgery this speaks highly of the surgeon. Thumbs Up  All the best in your journey. Cynthia
Ann M.
on 3/28/08 4:04 pm - Peoria, AZ
Cynthia, Dr. Schlesinger is the only one in the Phoenix area that will take patients who had surgery in another state.  Everyone else talks aftercare but they don't want to touch you if they didn't do your surgery.  They wanted me to travel back and forth to Michigan for any aftercare.  This was not feasible.  I am so glad Dr. Schlesinger is here for us.  I'll be calling on Monday to make my 2 year aftercare follow-up and also talk about other "happenings" with my shoulder/neck pain.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Cynthia Johnson
on 3/28/08 10:19 pm

Hi Ann and thanks for posting this is good to know. Cynthia

Most Active