Hey Lithia ??

Azskyprincess
on 3/26/08 12:16 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Hey just wanted to ck in on you I have been flying I was out sick with strep so I could not get up to see you I hope all is well and hope your doing great ...Lisa
dawnmaher
on 3/26/08 1:47 pm - Surprise, AZ
We haven't heard from Lithia in a few days.  I hope all is well and we see you posting soon! Dawn
Lady Lithia
on 3/26/08 2:09 pm
Thanks Dawn... it's hard for me to get on the computer because I can't have ice on my belly and type on the internet at the same time. So usually I just pop on for very brief periods of time.  Oh and I forgot to mention, I'm down 9 lbs in my first WEEK!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

dawnmaher
on 3/26/08 2:17 pm - Surprise, AZ
wow, 9 lbs in one week is excellent!  hope your belly gets better soon.  thinking of you lots dawn
Lady Lithia
on 3/26/08 2:07 pm
Lisa, I'm so sorry you had strep and couldn't visit me, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness in NOT visiting me as I certainly didn't need to deal with that!  I'm alternately doing wonderfully and miserably at one and the same time.  My incisions, my abdominal muscles, and my internal sensations... I feel fabulous. Absolutely unbelievably great.  I haven't had any shoulder pain until last night, and that's starting to really bug me. I'd have thought it would be gone now. That's kind of miserable. Seems to get to me at night only. Probably from the C02. But it has me in a bit of pain.  I also had an immense/massive/enormously unbelievable allergic reaction to something. Started with itchy welts around my incisions and then spread around my trunk, over my breasts, to my thighs and arms and up my neck, covering my face and scalp and ears and even my genitals. Dr. J. didn't want me to take steroids but the allergic reaction even seemed to be moving into my throat so he has me on a light course of steroids. The redness and noticeable welts are fading, but the itchiness remains and is enough to drive me totally insane. I spend most days with an ice pack on my abdomen, as that is where the itchiness is the worst.  my incisions are looking great. Four out of five look like they might heal without any scarring at all... only the lower left one is sort of ridged and a little stinging.  Most days I get 75 grams of protein and 64 to 100 ounces of liquids. I am hopeful that I will be able to continue this trend! I'm amazed at how easy it is.

Azskyprincess
on 3/26/08 2:17 pm - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
So sorry to hear about your Itchey's could you be allergic to the sutures inside you ?? that happend to me when I had a C sec ...sounds just like what I had to deal with...Glad to hear that your doing well ...YOU will have those good and bad days with aches and pains for a few weeks...like my PCP told me Hmm your have been rebuilt oh he is soo right on that one..Keep up the good work ...YOUR proteins and h20 are going great better than me hahaha Lisa
Lady Lithia
on 3/26/08 11:35 pm
I worry about that too... what IF I'm allergic to the interior sutures? egads! 

Azskyprincess
on 3/29/08 7:23 am - CA
Revision on 01/30/12
Hey girl I just saw your tummy pic OMG ouch ! hope your feeling better...Lisa
Lady Lithia
on 3/29/08 11:15 am
Hey Lisa Just jumping on the internet for a few minutes.  Frustrated as heck over the continued itchiness. Especially as I can't hang on hte internet ... so I've been facing deprivation AND itchiness Seeing Dr. J. on Monday. Hopefully i'll feel better soon ~L

Gena L.
on 3/26/08 4:55 pm - Sun City, AZ
I am glad you are feeling so good Lithia       Seems strange to hear a person who has just had surgery say  that they  feel this good.  I must admit I hope I do as well, except for your mysterious rash...that I do not want to share!  I so want to feel better than I have today...sleep deprivation as I am only sleeping soundly about 2 hours a night if that, so I feel pretty much like a tired old  dish towel today. I do not know if this is true...I have read it here that during the RNY and the excision of the pouch from the stomach...that the incision it's self releases and continues to do so...t a hormone reaction that accounts for why some people feel so good after surgery and that it also suppresses the appitite (sp?) and also causes the swift changes that allow patients to be taken of diabetic meds so quickly?  That is something I am really looking forward to. Since I also take insulin my PCP tells me I will be VERY slowly weaned from the insulin and it may take weeks to a month or more.... Any one know the truth of this? I asked Dr Juarez yesterday but he seemed very distracted and I never really got an answer. Lithia is so up on this stuff I thought she might know even tho she is not diabetic...Jump in anyone if you have heard this?

Most Active