re: Visiting Sedona in April

Elissa H
on 3/26/08 10:07 am - Wilmington, DE
Hi Arizona!!  I'll be in Sedona from April 19th through the 26th. Any suggestions of what  to see and do while I'm there? I had my WLS 4 yrs ago. I give a support group mtg in Delaware. I am a support group junkie. I goto 4 meetings a month. Helps to keep me positive & focused. Hope to find a group while I'm there. If you know of a mtg I can goto and meet others, please let me know. ((HUGS)) Elissa
Sandra C.
on 3/26/08 11:21 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hello Elissa. You're going to love Sedona! It's really beautiful. I went five years ago and tried to climb a mountain. I was 50 lbs lighter then, but still thought I was having a heart attack, 2 times, one half way up and another when I reached the top.  That was a definite no-no. I am having my WLS on 04/08 so maybe next year I'll give it a shot again when I am in better shape. There's a little mining town, called Jerome right beside Sedona that had some good shops. I was living in Ohio at the time and took some good Turqouise jewelry back home. I haven't gone to any support groups yet, but I am looking forward to starting soon. are you going to be in Phoenix at all? I know there are groups at St. Lukes Hospital and Banner Good Samaritan Hospital on McDowell Rd. I know St Lukes program is called "Bridges." Welcome to the wild, wild West!!  
dawnmaher
on 3/26/08 1:52 pm - Surprise, AZ
The most fun thing I ever did in Sedona was to take a Humvee ride through the desert with my sister.  We had a blast and it was an open vehicle.  It was very bumpy and completely off road once we hit the desert.  If you don't like all the bumps you could take a Pink Jeep Tour. Both vehicles are available through tours downtown. Back then I enjoyed the *****ly Pear Cactus Margarita too.  Don't think I will be able to do that again after surgery tho. Have fun.  It is a beautiful, spiritual place. Dawn
Candi Y.
on 3/27/08 2:59 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Elissa - I live in Cottonwood, Az its about 20 south of Sedona, you'll be taking plenty of pictures so make sure you have a large camera card.  Ask away about things to do, we moved here 5 years ago from NY and I have become a pretty good tour guide for all our visitiors!!  But as for support group, NOT, we have none in Nothern Az and I am trying to work on that.  I have to drive into Phx and I try to get there as often as I can...  I know of a varity of things to do here, but it depends on your level of ADVENTURE......  Jeepin through the Redrocks is OUTSTANDING, Hiking, now that we can do it, also FABULOUS, it really all depends what your into, but feel free to EM me and I'll see what I can do for you.  Are you planning a day to the Grand Canyon?  Cause a week will go fast here, and  remember we are in the desert, but our nights are cool........once that sun goes down.  Candi
Elissa H
on 3/27/08 10:57 am - Wilmington, DE
Hey Candi, Sandi & Dawn!!!! Thanks for the quick responses.  I have been to Arizona 3 x's , in the past. My DH and I love Sedona. (have a time share there)  Let's see I have been to the Grand Canyon, a balloon ride over red rock country, a pink jeep tour and to the Verde Canyon RR. Each was more awsome than life. Especially being able to climb into the basket of the balloon. We ate at the Coffee pot & Cowboy Saloon resturant. We drove to the painted desert , petrified forest and to Montezuma's castle. I was really hoping to meet with some fellow WLS folks. We will be flying into Phx Sat pm and getting a rental car and driving up to Sedona.  None of thesae things I would have attempted to do pre-WLS. Life has been a blast now that I am a Looser. Never been there in April. What will the temp be during the days?  Warm enough to swim in the pool? I will call ahead to see if it will be open. Thanks again for responding!!  ((HUGS)) Elissa
Most Active