Appointment

azreggie
on 3/26/08 4:49 am - Tucson, AZ
Yesterday I went to see Dr Villares and he said that everything looks good and we are on for the 4th of April!  I am soooooo happy I think I 'm gonna puke.  We were discussing things and I said that "yes, I know that I have to go on a liquid diet the week before surgery," and he says," you can eat some protein, lean protein like chicken, it's just to shrink you liver before surgery, but you can eat some protein." I felt like the skies above me opened up and a choir started singing beautiful music. (I know I heard them, don't laugh) I felt like I was given a gift, and I was.  Don't get me wrong, I was more than willing to do a week of liquids, but now that I don't have to, I'm stoked! Thank you God. When I was signing all the forms, you know, the ones that say you can go blind or die if you have this surgery, I asked the one question that I was dreading.  Am I going to have to have a drainage tube, and he said "no". Again, the choir.  I know that sounds weird, but having something hanging out of my body just kinda freaks me out. Yesterday was a good day!  

Reggie

dawnmaher
on 3/26/08 5:46 am - Surprise, AZ
That's all great news Reggie.  Gena is having her surgery same day as you!  I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way! Dawn
Gena L.
on 3/26/08 11:09 am, edited 3/28/08 9:42 pm - Sun City, AZ
Actually I am the day before Reggie   but hey who is counting?  Eight days if I do not count day of surgery LOL!   Even funnier my name is Regena and sometimes, but not very often I let people call me Reggie....Gosh Reggie if your name is Regena/Regina we could be in for trouble as we will be in the same hospital and on the same floor (6th) and the same pod, and having the same surgery!  The 6th floor is a medical/surgical floor but one pod has been dedicated to bariatric patients only...or so I have been told. I have so much left to do and 2  showers next week...I think the time is going to be flying by Reggie...are you ready?  I am still making and checking off lists     I was checking to see how Julie is doing...anything new or is she up there with that good looking nurse?

azreggie
on 3/26/08 1:37 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey Gena, It IS Regina!  You are going to light the way for me.  Get everybody on the 6th Floor straightened out before I see you on Friday!  I am getting excited.  The only two things left on my list are GasX and some little dixie cups for when I brush my teeth.  I don't want to be hanging over the counter with a sore stomach.

Reggie

Gena L.
on 3/28/08 9:56 pm, edited 3/28/08 9:59 pm - Sun City, AZ
Did you get the little Gas-X strips?  Mom got me some...I hate the taste of them but they work super fast. Good idea with the little Dixie's...will bring some from home..  My pillow has decided to die this week so I am thinking about a new pillow to take with me.  I have neck and shoulder issues and I am thinking about a good down one this time.  Well, silly thing to worry about at 4:45 AM but I could not sleep. I sure have plenty to do today so off to see if I can get a nap...hope all the newbies wake up feeling good this morning   a conga line of Lithia, Julie and Dawn...    what did I do with myself before emoticons came along? Better start working on a list of who goes to bat after Reggie! Let's see...Sandra, and Martha...then who?

MShawn62
on 3/26/08 9:59 am - Avondale, AZ
Reggie, Thanks great!  I'm getting excited for you!   Martha Shawn
azreggie
on 3/26/08 1:38 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey, Thanks Martha.

Reggie

Sandra C.
on 3/26/08 10:54 am - Phoenix, AZ
You go girl!!  I'm glad you don't have to have a drainage tube. They are pretty yucky. Looks like next week is "losers" (pun intended) week. Good luck, honey!
azreggie
on 3/26/08 1:33 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey, Look at you!  Your commin' up right behind me.  Cool.

Reggie

Laura H.
on 4/2/08 2:16 am - Tucson, AZ
All my best wishes.  You'll be great!
Most Active