Tick tock...tick tock...

westvalley
on 3/24/08 3:09 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks so much Dawn. I could definitely use all the prayers I can get. My surgery is at 12. My parents will drop the hubby and myself off and maybe stay for about an hour since I have to be there at 10. But my two year old will not sit still so they probably won't be able stay and wait. Not sure if someone will post for me. I have asked someone to be my angel but no response yet and that's ok, she's busy. But if you give me your number I can call you or you can call the hospital and ask for me. I should have more concrete details later though. You ladies have been so supportive, I'll have several angels :-D.
***HUGS***
}i{ Julie
Jenn B.
on 3/24/08 10:15 am - Tempe, AZ
Julie, Best of luck tomorrow!  We're all cheering for you!  You will LOVE Scottsdale Healthcare Shea.  It truly was not anything like a hospital experience, far more like staying in a hotel =) The things I packed that I found helpful were: PJ's, slippers, small toiletries (taking a shower felt SO good and their showers are very easy to get into and out of, and they have a chair to sit in).  The one thing my family had to run out and get were card games.  I got in my room around 3pm and at like 5pm I was bored, so we played Yahtzee =) All the best to you, it'll be over before you know it! Jenn
westvalley
on 3/24/08 10:24 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Jenn. I can totally see my hubby getting bored. I planned on taking UNO cards ut how long can you play that?! LOL. How is the tv...any cable? Hopefully I will have enough things to do to keep my head off the pain. Look at me talking like I'll want to do cartwheels or something. LOL
dawnmaher
on 3/24/08 11:01 am - Surprise, AZ
Hi Julie,   I went on your page and sent you a message with my phone number so you or hubby can call me tomorrow.  Again, good luck and God speed. Dawn
Gena L.
on 3/24/08 1:07 pm - Sun City, AZ
OK...Dawn you are in charge of letting the rest of us know ASAP!  Sounds like she is going to a spa retreat....maybe I should have gone with Blackstone after all. Bet she gets a private room too!  Fancy Smancy!  God Bless Julie and watch those steri strips...don't let them eat you up too . Hope you get to sleep tonight. Gena 

Nicole W.
on 3/24/08 4:14 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I will be your angel... I have been a good angel to other people!  I would tell you to ask them, but they hardly ever post anymore...  I think they are out enjoying their "new" lives!!! I will send you an email.  Hopefully you will get it before you leave.  There is also a computer to use in the waiting area on the 5th floor if you are up to logging on. Good Luck! ~Nicole

TinkerBell

dawnmaher
on 3/24/08 2:04 pm - Surprise, AZ
yea i was wishing i could have her hospital room too!  i will let you know if i hear from her.  havent had a response yet tonite, maybe she has already gone to bed.  i will stay on top of it!   Dawn
dawnmaher
on 3/25/08 4:31 am - Surprise, AZ
Got an email from Julie, she was up all nite.  Very excited and is only  1/2 hr away from surgery right now!  She will call as soon as she can and I will post tonite.  Send your prayers . Dawn
Sandra C.
on 3/25/08 8:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am so excited for you Julie!! I just got home from work and first thing I did was log on to see if there was any news from you. I think your surgery is probably over now and you are probably sleeping. Hope you didn't wake up and "change your mind" like someone else we know. How long are you staying? Did you have Laproscopic? Enjoy all the pampering they give you. Someone told me you get your choice of a massage or a pedicure!! How cool!  Love you sweetie....Sandra 
dawnmaher
on 3/25/08 10:13 am - Surprise, AZ
Hello all,  I just called the hospital and Julie is not yet out of surgery.  No other info than that.  They must have started later than the 12 oclock scheduled time.  I will keep trying and hope to have news by this evening. Dawn
Most Active