Dr. Juarez ~ Bridges/St. Luke ~ Wait Times ?

ananya
on 3/23/08 12:55 am

Anyone here that has utilized Dr. Juarez, I have a question for you ... I've already had one appointment cancelled by the office and have re-scheduled. With that being said, I'm concerned about wait times to get in and time in the waiting room, especially since I'm on my 4th visit with my PCP and have still not been able to see the surgeon. I've had people tell me that he's not overtly talkative which is fine with me because my research has indicated good outcomes and he is a center of excellence. My dilemma is that I have to drive about 4 hours to see him and I've heard that his appointments are like 15 minutes; however, one person told me that she had to wait hours to get in (on the day she had her appointment). I have scheduled another appt in Phoenix on the same day, about two hours after this appointment and am curious to know if waiting hours in the waiting room is a common thing? Anyone know?

Sandra C.
on 3/23/08 1:15 am - Phoenix, AZ
I have never had to wait more than 30 minutes in the waiting room. Once got  to the examining room, Dr Juarez came in, within 15 minutes. No, he doesn't talk a lot on the first visit. He talked more to me on the 2nd visit, explaining the results of an endoscopy I had done. I really like him and feel very comfortable with him. I didn't feel like he was rushing me at either visit. Does that make sense? Some Dr's I have been to seem like they're in a hurry to leave the room and therefore after you leave you remeber things you wanted to say or ask, but didn't have the opportunity because of the hurried feeling in the examing room. On the whole, I have had all positive experiences with Dr Juarez's office and I would reccommend him and his staff to anyone. Good luck!
Lady Lithia
on 3/23/08 2:32 am
The day of my first consultation hubby and I were running behind so we didn't stop for food on the way to the hospital. The appointment was 10:30. We left his office at 12:45. My second appointment was at 3:45 and we were there an hour early so signed in at 2:45 and I was seen at 4:00.  They have signs up saying that different people need different lengths of appointments and that they'll see you as fast as they can. If you want, the signs go on to say, you can reschedule for the first appointment of another day to be sure to be seen first.  I would express your time constraints with the doctor's office and hopefully that will make a difference. No guarantees.  I just had surgery on Tuesday and I may go in on Monday to see if he or one of his PA's can see me... I'm allergic to teh steristrips on my wounds and have an allergic reaction that's driving me up the walls. My biggest concern is how long it might take to be seen. I will probably pack a protein shake and a large water bottle so I won't be deprived while waiting. since they're going to squeeze me in (I hope) I expect a very long wait time.  One of the difficulties of working with a surgeon is that each surgery is a unique case and he approaches the actual surgery with pure professionalism. If he has to spend twice as long in the OR to make sure he has an acceptible outcome, then he will do it, even if it means that some appointments get rescheduled or even other surgeries get rescheduled. Bad news for those rescheduled, but I'd rather have a conscientous surgeon whose full attention is on the person in front of him in the OR rather than on future appointments. For the surgery itself, so far, I have absolutely NO complaints about Dr. Juarez... except of course I feel like he didnt' actually cut on me on the inside... no sense of any sort of changes inside my body! Just the incisions on the outside.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 3/23/08 3:51 am - Tucson, AZ
The last appointment I had with Dr. J he was running late because of an emergency surgery.  Since I drove from Tucson I decided to wait.  As it turned out Dr. Fang took over Dr. J's appointments so I didn't have to wait as long as I would have.  It all works out and I don't think we should stress over something ahead of time that won't happen anyway.
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Gena L.
on 3/23/08 12:21 pm, edited 3/23/08 12:23 pm - Sun City, AZ
I have had 1 consult with Dr Juarez.  I would say my wait time was maybe 30 minutes.  I have another appointment Tuesday.  I do know that he did not rush me once I was in the office. Any time you deal with a surgeon there is the chance of the office running late or of being cancelled. I would like to think if it were me, in an emergency situation that he would leave the office to come to me. I spent several years scheduling multiple doctors and surgeons  for hospital procedures. That meant calling their offices to report they were running behind now and then. Explain when you go in that you have another appointment to follow and I am sure they will do their best to see that you make your 2nd appointment.

ananya
on 3/23/08 11:10 pm
Thanks for your input, everyone :-)
dramaqnprincess
on 3/24/08 9:30 am - scottsdale, AZ
I think everyones days may be different, i know with me i waited an hour in the waiting room and an hour in his office, but at least i got in!:)
Most Active