Like, omg: Surgery this week

ima_sundevil
on 3/22/08 8:10 am - AZ
Hey all! So... having nearly made it through a week of testing (dem needles... we don't get along) I'm nearly at surgery day (Thursday the 27th!) I'm not having too many jitters at this point (I was more worried about the tests for some reason...) but I feel like it's coming on. Pretty normal, right? So to be prepared for Thursday I've been running about putting together everything I'll need before being banded. I have my vitamins, my calcium supplements, some broth, my post-op pain meds, and some assistance for ahem, gas problems... am I missing anything? I feel like I am. Anyone have any advice on stuff I should stock up on? Also, just as a note about True Results (in case anyone's interested): I feel like they've been lovely, but somewhat scatterbrained. I had to go 'round Robin Hood's barn to get my cardiac tests, and ended up at Heartcare in Scottsdale with about 4 more tests to take than I'd initially been told. Weird. They haven't been bad so far, and the staff there is beyond fab, but it was rather odd. Also, I spent about 2 minutes with my surgeon when I met him. He seemed a nice enough chap but I didn't really have any questions, as I've been doing my research thoroughly, and he didn't really have anything to say. Oh well. In all, I feel like it's an assembly-line operation, and if I needed more personal attention I might not like it. Hmm. Oh, also, in the midst of trying to get ready, I find myself in a crisis. Yes, crisis!! ... I can't find any Wyler's Light Cherry to-go packets. They aren't listed online, either. Anyone know if they've discontinued them? Bummer, dude.
dawnmaher
on 3/22/08 1:24 pm - Surprise, AZ
good luck ima,  mine is on friday after being postponed from this coming monday.  i had no idea that we had to get a perscription for pain meds.  i assumed the dr. gave us that in the hospital for post op at home.  hmmmm i will be thinking of you!  cant wait to hear your post op news! Dawn
David S.
on 3/26/08 8:51 am
Wishing you all the best tomorrow! If you weren't a little nervous leading up to a surgery, I'd be worried about you.   Take care! --Dave
Dave from AZ     
Most Active