State of Arizona Approved Me????

L. TP
on 3/22/08 2:57 am, edited 3/22/08 3:00 am
Well I won't go into to much detail but I was denied the first time around.  It was just days before my surgery!  I had gone through all the hoops, given a date and prepared for it only to find out the hospital made an error and I was denied, not approved just DAYS before my surgery.  The hospital talked to the top executive with the state employees insurance and told me I had no chance at all.  Two attorneys said, I have a chance but my first letter was so good that they can't see anyone topping it.  Then vertually everyone I saw on OH that had my insurance was also getting denied and denied again and they were heavier than me!  So, I decided I could not handle another let down again emotionally so I gave up. Twenty four hours before the appeal cut off something hit me and told me to appeal.  I had NOTHING to add, no additional doctor notes, no additional tests, I didn't meet their co mobid requirements (which were ridiculous by the way), I literally had nothing to add but I was going to go for it.  I wrote a letter at 3 in the morning.  Thats all I could do.  Nothing different than the first time.  Then they called me and I got approved.  I was in total shock and still am.  I made the hospital call and verify it.  Why did they approve me and not others that are just as bad if not worse than me?  I have no idea.  None.  Either way, it happened and I am truly so thankful.  Now I need to get back in the loop on here! ha ha.  My surgery is June 3rd!  I am so scared but happy that I have the opportunity.
Lady Lithia
on 3/22/08 3:04 am
congratulations!

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

beckipoohbear
on 3/22/08 3:18 am - AZ
Congratulations!!! I know what a battle this is with state insurance. Although as a fellow state employee you've freaked me out that somehow my approval is going to fall through (but I got the call from the surgeon's office with the approval and I called and verified with the insurance, so hopefully that means I am completely good to go).
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

azreggie
on 3/22/08 3:39 am - Tucson, AZ
Way to go! Congratulations.

Reggie

ima_sundevil
on 3/22/08 8:11 am - AZ
Sweeeeeet!  I'm glad it worked out for you!!
aboymom
on 3/26/08 10:48 am
I am so glad for you!  I am state of Arizona insurance too.  Which insurance company did you choose?  I would love any inside info.  I am in the middle of my 6 month diet.  I am being tested for co-morbidites but the only one I have a "hope" for is sleep apena.  (I have my sleep study in a few weeks!) CONGRATS!
Most Active