Apprehensive about a Psych Exam?

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 3/21/08 12:50 am, edited 3/21/08 1:02 am
Many WLS patients are quite apprehensive about being referred to a psychologist for a pre surgical exam.  I have even had patients tell me that they have put off surgery due to these concerns.  I have always been an advocate for demystifying psychology and to that end have written professional articles and brochures aimed at making patients more comfortable with the thought of seeing a psychologist. Our recent article "I'm fat not crazy...so why the psych exam?" appears in the Jan/Feb issue of OH.  I am pleased to call it to your attention. Please feel invited to call our office for a copy. Arizona office:  602.904.3448 New Jersey office:  973.696.0800 Dr. Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
Most Active