when it comes to lap-band

MyNameIsJess
on 3/17/08 12:23 am - AZ

I just had my first fill and I don't feel any change from how it's been. I  just am confused over what I am looking for in terms of feeling/eating that will make it feel like the fill is the successful tightness. I understand it may take a few fills to find the right amount but what's that feeling that shows you that it's right?  Thanks

arroyo
on 3/17/08 2:04 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Really the best indicator is if after you eat a meal, taking no longer than 20 minutes, you feel satisfied for about 4 hours. I think the tricky part can be that the "satisfied" feeling you feel is different than feeling "full" like before. You shouldn't feel hungry though. If you start getting hungry after a couple of hours than you either need to make sure you eating good dense protein, and if you are you'll know next time that you need another fill. It takes patience with the process and I find that every day is different. Some days I feel more hungry than other and other days I feel more tight. Anyway not sure if this was helpful but this is how it has worked for me. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Before pre-op diet: 286.5/ Day before surgery: 275.5/Current: 171

Jenn B.
on 3/17/08 2:06 pm - Tempe, AZ
Hello! I'm on day 4 of my post op, and am finding a hard time making sure I'm getting the "right" protien.  It's so odd because I went through Dr. E's 6 month program before hand, but I'm afraid to be eating those foods. Can you give me some suggesions on foods you strongly reccomend?  I'm allergic to seafood, but everything else is a go =) Jenn
arroyo
on 3/17/08 2:14 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Wow that feels like so long ago. I am trying to remember. What do you mean by "right" protein?  I know I did a lot of soy beans with salt because salt is approved and it was a nice treat. Have you had those?? They have a good amount of protein. I also would go to like baja fresh or chipotle type places and get beans and chicken. The nice part is that spices are approved and they always have a nice flavor. At Trader Joe's they have really good chicken sausages just make sure to read the labels and get  the right ones. I would also do deviled eggs. Lots of yogurt and cottage cheese. Oh yah and fresh mozarella and other cheeses. Whatever is approved go for it! I know it seems weird so close to surgery but really as long as you eat slow and small bites you will be fine. I remember feeling satisfied between meals but I don't remember having any difficulty getting things down, like I do at times now :) Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions.

Before pre-op diet: 286.5/ Day before surgery: 275.5/Current: 171

Most Active