Pre-Op

Sandra C.
on 3/15/08 2:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am having surgery on 04/08 and haven't received papers for pre-op. Can anyone tell me how far in advance pre-op is done? I think Nichole said one week, but I am not sure? I suppose I could call the office, but if anyone can give me an idea this weekend I would be very grateful!
Lady Lithia
on 3/15/08 3:17 am
I noticed you are having a revision, so I am not sure exactly what surgery you are having.  I am having RNY next week at St. Lukes. What I was told (and I hand to hound them daily for this) was that they want you to do the pre-op testing two weeks before surgery, an appointment to see Dr. Juarez a week before surgery, and you may have to do the nutrition and exercise class, but again, I'm not sure in the case of a revision.  Also if you are going through Banner, you might want to give the bariatric center a call to speed things up, because sometimes things fall through the cracks at Dr. Juarez' office.  Good luck to you.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Sandra C.
on 3/15/08 5:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the info. I better get on the phone and call Dr Juarez's office and if I have to I will go there and pick up papwework. I was getting uneasy, because I had such a bad experience with another doctors office team, and I certainly want to keep on top of this. I am having a revision of a gastric bypass that was done 25 years ago, and it will be a full surgery with probably a four day hospital stay. HOw long were you told that you would be in the hospital?
dawnmaher
on 3/19/08 12:29 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hi Sandra, I just got back today from my preop testing at St. Lukes.  My RNY surgery is Monday March 24.  Not much time to spare!  I just got my appt. this past monday.  It was a long day at the hospital but it all got done with only 5 days to go.  Seems like this office is really very far behind with their patients.  Not reassuring but just keep tooting your horn!   Good luck Dawn
Gena L.
on 3/19/08 5:08 pm - Sun City, AZ
I am scheduled for my RNY on April 3rd and I had to fight every step of the way to get that info. Dr Juarez's staff seems to operate on a different planet  than the rest of us. I am having surgery at Good Sam and I finally got my info from the Bariatric Center at Good Sam. I had all my pre-ops and teaching last Friday and I called this week  an scheduled a visit with Dr Juarez as I had been given so much conflicting info by his office staff. I have one life and one  body  and I intend to have this done properly.  The office (Nicole) will tell you when she gives you a surgery date that the office will send you pre-op paperwork...then in the same breath laugh and tell you that you will never get it...... She honestly says that and laughs! From what I have seen on here she is telling the truth. They have not sent me anything in the way of paperwork...but if you call they will tell you it has been mailed....do not believe them   Take nothing for granted with them. Call and tell them you are coming in person and that you want the paper work to be waiting for you when you arrive. Having to constantly stay after them will do nothing but cause your blood pressure to go up and up. I hope you will address this to Dr Juarez when you next see him. This is no way to run a surgeon's office. It is very hard on the patient's and one day there is going to be a big Oops as a result.

Most Active